General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Sun 31-Aug-14 19:04:37
Print Post

Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring now availabl

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Slightly concerned that the email contains the password unencrypted lol.

In any case cheers!

Edit: Where do we get our validation keys from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)

Edited by chris6273 (Sun 31-Aug-14 19:27:54)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 31-Aug-14 19:52:11
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Thanks, I am now "on the air" smile

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 31-Aug-14 21:25:38
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chris6273:
Edit: Where do we get our validation keys from?
It will be emailed to you when you validate your email address, but if you never got that email I guess you won't be able to do that and tbailey2 will need to send it to you.

Edit: See this post smile

In reply to a post by tbailey2:
If anyone out there doesn't have their validation key yet please PM me. I need your Registration UserName and Memorable Phrase to do that, people have tried it on.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 31-Aug-14 21:27:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chris6273
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 00:07:30
Print Post

Cheers.

Firmware Updated & Live smile.

A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Sep-14 06:14:51
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

You have a nice connection, interesting spike at about 4 this morning. I wonder if a neighbours line resynced momentarily removing cross talk from yours allowing the peak to show.

Standard User chris6273
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 10:34:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
You have a nice connection, interesting spike at about 4 this morning. I wonder if a neighbours line resynced momentarily removing cross talk from yours allowing the peak to show.

Thanks. Yeah that is a little suspicious.

What's even more weird (And frustrating) is a few months ago (About 2-3 weeks after I got FTTC installed), my SNR dropped in just an hour around mid-day from around 21.6/23.4dB (Down/Up) to what it is now; usually 10.6/15.3dB and also came with a faint buzz on the line which I'm told isn't a fault by an engineer.

It was the same horrible engineer who tried to convince me that more SNR Margin (The peak that showed this morning) is worse than a low one despite on the maximum sync. I've never understood his method of coming to that conclusion.

Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 11:29:55
Print Post

A few updates.

USER REGISTRATIONS

Almost everyone that has Registered has been seen online here okay but there are several of you that haven't fully completed the process. If you feel you are missing the information needed to do so then please post here.

TBB PING/LATENCY GRAPH

A few of you had trouble when putting the link to the image into the OPTIONS menu at the bottom of the page. Please make sure you use either of the IMAGE links and NOT the SHARE link. And also make sure you haven't also put double quotes around the link.

NEW FACILITY

There is a new facility in the list now and that is All User Stats. This shows every user who has uploaded anything and their current status in one table - this is the one that appears at the top of each pane but simplified onto one line per user. It automatically updates every 30 secs. See HERE for an example screen grab. You'll find it in the Graph to Show list.

It is ordered so that anyone offline (no uploads in last 5 mins) appears at the top.

Note that it currently will NOT show you unless you have uploaded since about 10:15 this morning due to the way it collects the data.

Users have also asked what the yellow background in the SYNC ACTUAL data means. It's because your ATTAINABLE sync rate is LESS than the current actual sync rate. The chances are that if you resync for any reason, you'll then lose some download speed. (see the attached image for examples). An ORANGE background in the ONLINE section means there's been a recent resync.

GET YOUR STATS CHECKED!

One of the big advantages of the system is that you don't need to capture and upload images or paste data to get comments on your stats. Just post here (with your MyDSLWebStats User Name if necessary) and ask and one of the experts will hopefully reply after looking at them (as has happened the other way round already)!

Please also note (in the light of certain comments made elsewhere) that most of us also have other jobs and are doing this out of the goodness of our hearts to help others for free so might not be around for a while to answer.

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 32 / 8.5Mbps
HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats

Edited by tbailey2 (Mon 01-Sep-14 18:51:02)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Sep-14 16:28:23
Print Post

NEW FACILITY

There is a new facility in the list now and that is All User Stats. This shows every user who has uploaded anything and their current status in one table - this is the one that appears at the top of each pane but simplified onto one line per user. It automatically updates every 30 secs. See HERE for an example.

I can't find this, it doesn't appear in the dropdown list.

Also, it would be nice to have a Login button on the home page, rather than links buried in the text.

Keep up the good work! smile

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 16:33:55
Print Post

NEW FACILITY

There is a new facility in the list now and that is All User Stats. This shows every user who has uploaded anything and their current status in one table - this is the one that appears at the top of each pane but simplified onto one line per user. It automatically updates every 30 secs. See HERE for an example.

It is ordered so that anyone offline (no uploads in last 5 mins) appears at the top.

This doesn't appear to have updated for at least 6 hours - Thought you should know.

Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 16:43:45
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

It's in the Graph list, not User list as it's another Graph type. Difficult to out it in the User List but might find a way. That list is also going to be re-ordered soon.

You don't need to Log in if you don't Log Out.... That's there if you want to stop others using your terminal. A Logon button though would be feasible although it takes the same amount of time to click on the Continue link at the top of the Home Page that takes you to the Log On page... Maybe I ought to rename it smile

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 32 / 8.5Mbps
HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to