General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Aug-14 18:04:03
Print Post

more crosstalk blabbery

[link to this post]

So previously I revealed in the first few weeks of my FTTC service I went from 110 attainable down to about 73. Then after that was just a stacking of smaller drops to high 60s. But the last few months I have actually been synced at 75.

Well on the 26th 6pm evening I lost about another 17 attainable so again new fault raised, will see what happens now, am on the lowest ever fast path sync I have had, over 13mbit below my estimate. There is a moderate chance I will lose more to FEC tommorow as was on 1.4db snrm this morning and had a massive burst of errors.

In terms of % my line has now lost 48% at 58 attainable/sync US is still the same, its the D1 and D2 been battered, so much so that D3 now has higher snr/bitloading than D2 and D1 is only slightly higher than D3.

Need to go through a voice engineer first as I am also hearing very slight hiss and plusnet want to check that out first.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 28-Aug-14 18:07:38)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Aug-14 19:14:57
Print Post

Re: more crosstalk blabbery

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

line complete mess. attainable just suddenly dropped another 3mbit and 1000s of crc errors incoming with a 5.4db margin.

shame openreach dont do same day visits, they will come after its heavily interleaved so no crc and tell me 40mbit or whatever it goes down to is "within spec"

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 28-Aug-14 19:16:10)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 28-Aug-14 19:54:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
shame openreach dont do same day visits,

They do ... if you are prepared to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Aug-14 20:16:23
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

A&A provision lines as business lines, and under that setup, yes, they will service a fault on the same day (in my case, when the line went completely dead last year, within 4 hours from when fault was raised with A&A to Openreach engineer on site with fault fixed). I don't have that luxury with Zen, as I'm on their standard residential package, and I'm pretty sure Zen charge a hefty extra per month if you want that kind of level of "SLA".

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (60/20Mb FTTC) | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Aug-14 20:24:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
shame openreach dont do same day visits,

They do ... if you are prepared to pay.

technically they dont for consumers as consumer isp's dont offer it, if I said to plusnet I will pay for same day, they will just say no such service.

I asked on the plusnet forum about FTTC speed boost engineers (since plusnet said they dont offer them on FTTC), then andyh posted a openreach link which shows the costs to service providers, but that page is password protected so andyh may have leaked he works for an isp by accident.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 28-Aug-14 20:46:49
Print Post

Residential consumers always want everything as cheap as they can get it, an complain when things go wrong even though they were not prepared to pay a premium to get 4hour or NBD support. If enough consumers wanted it, I am sure an ISP would offer a premium service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Aug-14 22:29:57
Print Post

do they? you mean you think they do.

The recent premium on line rental should be covering something a bit better than the current service, companies overseas will do same day call outs for residential customers inclusive of monthly rental.

Mind you Mr BT shareholder only thinks of the dividends never mind how they achieved, by not fixing faults, maintaining lines, avoiding rolling out better technologies etc.

Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Thu 28-Aug-14 22:49:39
Print Post

The recent premium on line rental should be covering something a bit better than the current service, companies overseas will do same day call outs for residential customers inclusive of monthly rental.

Mind you Mr BT shareholder only thinks of the dividends never mind how they achieved, by not fixing faults, maintaining lines, avoiding rolling out better technologies etc.

Have you never travelled by plane? Have you never wondered why Business Class and First Class passengers get better service, food etc.?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 28-Aug-14 23:20:39
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

no I have never used a plane.

But when I get some idiot going on about an excuse for poor service because apparently I dont want to pay for better I will take issue with it, MHC has no idea what people will pay for because the market doesnt give that option.

and since I know about some other markets overseas I can make a direct comparison to the quality of service in comparison and openreach does rate poorly in that regard.

even ofcom have decided its got too bad hence their gentle pushing to make openreach recruit more engineers.

so what is this fee for same day callout then, very curious.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 28-Aug-14 23:21:35)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 29-Aug-14 15:45:45
Print Post

for the curious DLM put me on a new profile I never seen before.

FEC enabled but no INP or interleaving.

I am getting around 500-10000 FEC and 100-2500 CRC per minute.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to