General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Itsamn
(newbie) Sat 06-Sep-14 12:50:46
Print Post

Cab 8 - Lindfield

[link to this post]

Hi,

I know lindfield is FTTC enabled, but cab 8 has not been upgraded yet. Will it be upgraded??

Postcode. Rh16 2hr
Standard User partial
(committed) Sat 06-Sep-14 12:55:47
Print Post

Re: Cab 8 - Lindfield

[re: Itsamn] [link to this post]

P8 is fttp area.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:04:09
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

And it's available now - check here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addres...

Infinity 4 - 330Mbps down 20Mbps up http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Sat 06-Sep-14 13:06:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:09:59
Print Post

The postcode you gave RH16 2HR is split between cabinet five which is enabled for FTTC and cabinet 8 which is live for WBC FTTP. Interestingly the checker is returning just ADSL for some properties in RH16 2HS so the roll-out may be live but not covering all properties in the cabinet foot print (i.e. may be more work to do)

Since PlusNet have stopped their FTTP trial for consumer grade connections it leaves BT Consumer and the Infinity 1, 2, 3 & 4 options for your connection (Sky and TalkTalk do not offer FTTP via Openreach)

Edited by MrSaffron (Sat 06-Sep-14 13:12:45)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User partial
(committed) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:30:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cab 5 doesn't feed the High Street. 6,7 and 8 do at various points and they are all FTTP areas.

I know about cab 5 - I totally rebuilt it a couple of winters ago. smile
Standard User Itsamn
(newbie) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:33:31
Print Post

So will the cab ever get fttc too?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:38:38
Print Post

As I said cab 5 is enabled for FTTC

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:43:04
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

If you are correct then the BT Wholesale checker is wrong

Address 101 HIGH STREET, LINDFIELD, HAYWARDS HEATH, RH16 2HR on Exchange LINDFIELD is served by Cabinet 5 and FTTC available

Address 103 HIGH STREET, LINDFIELD, HAYWARDS HEATH, RH16 2HR on Exchange LINDFIELD is served by Cabinet 8 and FTTP available and looks to be most of the postcode.

Address 131 HIGH STREET, LINDFIELD, HAYWARDS HEATH, RH16 2HR on Exchange LINDFIELD is served by Cabinet 8 lists ADSL2+ as only option and numbers around it show FTTP available

Standard User Itsamn
(newbie) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:47:53
Print Post

The house is concerned to cab 8 and we have adsl max I think. Our Mbps is awful. How could we switch to the FTTC cab
Standard User Itsamn
(newbie) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:48:27
Print Post

Sorry, I was meant to say connected
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to