General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Sat 06-Sep-14 13:57:33
Print Post

Should I believe , the council or openreach?

[link to this post]

Hey there,

I recently contacted the Council asking when FTTC would be available in Horsted keynes. They told me that engineering will start in march 2015 and will be done by September 2015. Then I contact openreach if this info is true and they tell me that engineering will start at the end of September 2014 and be done by December and they advised me that I will be able to get infinity by February 2015. So, who should I believe!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 06-Sep-14 14:11:49
Print Post

Re: Should I believe , the council or openreach?

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Openreach. Last time I looked, councils didn't do telecoms.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Sat 06-Sep-14 19:34:12
Print Post

Out of the two; Openreach. They are the ones who do the work/get contractors to carry out the work, not the council.

If anything the council contracts Openreach for their projects so Openreach will have more of an idea of when things are going to happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Sat 06-Sep-14 20:52:17
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chris6273:
Out of the two; Openreach. They are the ones who do the work/get contractors to carry out the work, not the council.

If anything the council contracts Openreach for their projects so Openreach will have more of an idea of when things are going to happen.

But the council do hold the planning permissions, so they might have more details...

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 06-Sep-14 21:03:31
Print Post

Did you ask the council specifically about your address or Horstead keynes in general?
FYI, I suspect there maybe a significant amount of network rearrangement to take place in horstead keynes, not just for E/O lines but also to re-parent lines between existing cabs , to give better coverage.
I would expect the overall works to continue well into next year.

Edited by Ribble (Sat 06-Sep-14 21:04:33)

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Sep-14 21:26:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
So, who should I believe!
Personally I'd go with the later date. That way you're more likely to be pleasantly surprised. If you believe the earlier date you risk being disappointed.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Sun 07-Sep-14 01:02:58
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
In reply to a post by chris6273:

But the council do hold the planning permissions, so they might have more details...

Yes however once planning permission has been granted, it can take some time for things to get moving. The company/organisation doing the construction would be the ones to know more accurate information because they are the ones doing the work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
  Print Thread

Jump to