General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User skoda
(newbie) Sat 20-Sep-14 17:13:05
Print Post

Zen fibre line rental

[link to this post]

Hope I am posting in the correct place.

Wondering if someone could explain Zen's line rental policy.
Their hometalk rental £11.22 month either stand alone or with ADSL broadband. If you take one of their fibre products the line rental jumps to £15.98.
I could stay with my current fibre provider and get the £11.22 line rental.

I have contacted Zen, they just reiterated the above but my return email to them asking why there is a difference seems to have been ignored.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Sep-14 17:45:54
Print Post

Re: Zen fibre line rental

[re: skoda] [link to this post]

Rather bit silly to push line rental up if bring FTTC over zen. Otherwise standalone line rental is £11.22 per month with no contract.
Standard User jphilip
(member) Sat 20-Sep-14 18:04:09
Print Post

They introduced this at the same time as they introduced unlimited with a significant price drop from their previous limited products. Looks as if the reason is to hit a £30 price point. Driven by marketing so logic not required.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Sep-14 02:52:30
Print Post

I find it a bit of an odd thing for them to do,as well , i would like to hear their reasons why this is so, would make interesting reading, but i wouldn't hold my breath on them telling us(charge more for line rental if you take their fttc products too), And now that BT openreach has removed the min 12th term (it used to charge the ISP) for FTTC /FTTC migrations , will zen start to offer a 1 month min term contract on their FTTC products for incoming migrations ? It's high time that some ISP's did start to offer this as well as there being no hefty connection/activation fee,

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 21-Sep-14 02:54:55)

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Sep-14 13:44:51
Print Post

If you take Zen fibre without bundled Zen line rental, the fibre by itself costs £5.40 per month more than when it's bundled so you're looking at £35.40 for Zen Unlimited Fibre 2.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User TheEulerID
(newbie) Sun 21-Sep-14 14:17:12
Print Post

It's a game all the SPs are doing. Increasing the price of the line rental so that they can present a lower headline price for the broadband component. Given that line rental is inescapable, it's about time the ASA clamped down on this and forced SPs to give at least equal prominence to the full package price rather than stick it down in the notional "small print".
  Print Thread

Jump to