I upgraded to FTTC a few months ago and, whilst I get good download speeds, since doing so I have experienced problems with numerous websites.
Often when I go to a popular website such as Facebook or eBay I find that some of the images do not appear straight away and I have to re-load the page to see them. Google maps also has problem where only 50% of the tiles will appear on initial load and I have to re-load the page to see the complete map. Also I have noticed that some other sites are very slow to load.
I have this problem with both my desktop machine (Win 7) with a wired connection and my laptop (Win 8) with a wireless connection so I don't think it is a machine problem.
I asked around a while ago and it was suggested I looked at the MTU of the connections. I found a tool on the Internet called Mtutest. I ran this and it suggested a maximum MTU before fragmentation of 1446. I have set both machines to this value but the problem is still there.
I am using a Belkin N Wireless cable router with the BT supplied modem and was wondering if this could be the cause of the problem. I was using a Belkin N Wireless ADSL Router prior to switching to FTTC and had no problems with that.
So before I go to the expense of buying a new router I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.