General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User plankton
(learned) Sun 21-Sep-14 18:49:52
Print Post

FTTC From Talk-Talk but not BT etc

[link to this post]

After 9 months of duct unblocking interspersed with inactivity my FTTC cab's fans have spun into life. Went on BT Wholesale's ADSL checker --- nothing, checked ZEN and Retail BT nothing. But on Talk-Talk there it is, with correctly estimated speeds etc ready to take my order. (My exchange has only 1 LLU Talk-Talk). Is this normal procedure do BT etc like to wait for the cab to rust a little more before taking orders?
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Sep-14 19:18:56
Print Post

Re: FTTC From Talk-Talk but not BT etc

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

I suspect that TT are jumping the gun and that if were to order through them you would find the installation delayed.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 21-Sep-14 19:50:21
Print Post

Did you put your phone number or address into the TT checker, or just your postcode?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User plankton
(learned) Sun 21-Sep-14 20:13:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I went for postcode and then selected my address from the drop down. It seems pretty accurate as far as far as speeds go as I tried my neighbours address too and speeds adjust according to distance to cab..
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Sep-14 20:20:46
Print Post

I reckon talk talk have been quicker to update their data. Perhaps BTW will update theirs tomorrow, or maybe BTW have an issue and can't accept orders yet

Edited by Ribble (Sun 21-Sep-14 20:22:59)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 21-Sep-14 23:32:06
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Occasionally it does happen, cab goes live, is on checker and first order reveals a problem so cab vanishes from checker.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to