General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Grocket
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 10:46:40
Print Post

BDUK Yeovil Area

[link to this post]

I am connected to Yeovil exchange cabinet 51. My cabinet has recently had a fibre cabinet installed next to it. Watching the process I believe that the fibre cabinet is connected to power. I've no idea about how the fibre actually gets there. I understand that this is part of the BDUK programme. I can find no information about when (or if) this will go live. The Connecting Devon & Somerset web site says that my area isn't due for survey until Jan - June 2015. This seems odd to me as the cabinet is already there! Openreach data gives no idea of fibre ever been available for my home. There are at least two other cabinets within half a mile or so that seem the same. One, also in an area 'due for survey next year', shows planned roadworks for later this year. My cabinet is off road on a footpath so I don't expect to get anything on it from that angle. An email to Connecting Devon & Somerset produced such a generalised answer which suggests that they either don't know themselves or can't be bothered to answer a specific question. Any ideas as to where I can cat more info?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Sep-14 12:02:55
Print Post

Re: BDUK Yeovil Area

[re: Grocket] [link to this post]

Believe this is cabinet 51

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.943344,-2.6632128,...

Suspect the website is behind on the roll-out plans

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fibreplease
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 12:16:38
Print Post

I live in the area and drive past this cabinet occasionally. It seems to me that BTOR have been struggling with this one. The new fibre cab (the larger kind) is in position just down the hill on the main road, but there is still ongoing road works by the old cabinet 51. I'm sure they have been there a few weeks now.

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre @ 75Mbps
Netgear WNDR3700

Freeserve --> Eclipse --> UKOnline --> Xilo/Uno --> Plusnet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User somerset
(committed) Tue 23-Sep-14 12:58:30
Print Post

[re: fibreplease] [link to this post]

Looks like:

O/S 214, STREET SIDE DSLAM CAB NMCNQL, PRESTON RD, YEOVIL, BA20 2EZ on Exchange YEOVIL is served by Cabinet 42
Standard User Grocket
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 13:57:14
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

My cabinet is definitely 51 on the path leading from the ASDA traffic lights to Abbey Manor Estate. The cabinet is the same (large one) as the Preston Road and Bluebell Road Road cabinets and all three seem to have a similar status. It's definitely 51 because that is where Openreach had to go to fix a fault about a year ago. My postcode is BA21 3SB. The whole cabinet 51, not the fibre one, was replaced after being set on fire just before that.
fault.
Standard User Grocket
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 14:05:11
Print Post

The cabinet is just beyond the lamppost up this path.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.9438677,-2.6676087...
Standard User fibreplease
(learned) Tue 23-Sep-14 14:38:16
Print Post

Ah, that is indeed not the one I've been driving past.

I do think that the database that the wholesale checker uses does need some updating though. I am waiting for the activation of a different cabinet (19) in Yeovil and I can see the work taking place, but the checker shows no estimated date of when it will be available to place an order.

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre @ 75Mbps
Netgear WNDR3700

Freeserve --> Eclipse --> UKOnline --> Xilo/Uno --> Plusnet
Standard User somerset
(committed) Tue 23-Sep-14 15:50:50
Print Post

Address R/O 5, STREET SIDE DSLAM CAB NMCNQP, ST JAMES' PARK, YEOVIL, BA20 2EX on Exchange YEOVIL is served by Cabinet 51
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Thu 25-Sep-14 13:35:38
Print Post

[re: fibreplease] [link to this post]

Do any of the checkers give a date for when you will be able to sign up? I thought it went from "not currently available" to "available", no? Unless you're talking about the RFS dates, which in my experience are merely estimates.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Sep-14 08:42:49
Print Post

Cabinet is now completed. I would expect it to be available to order soon
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to