General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Sep-14 17:24:51
Print Post

FTTC DLM hit!

[link to this post]

Arrrrgggg my FTTC 79999k (fast path) reduced to 72946k (interleaved) earlier this morning for the very first time since FTTC activated last February 2014. My fault really because I swapping over modem about 3 or 4 times yesterday.

Question is how long will the EVIL DLM going to put my line back on fast path with maximum sync.

Here is screenshot of DLM Interleaved below:
http://s5.postimg.org/osnwr6rdz/BTOpenreach_Modem_DL...

High ping and not happy with speed overall:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I HATE U DLM

Edited by adslmax (Thu 25-Sep-14 17:37:28)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Sep-14 18:08:07
Print Post

Re: FTTC DLM hit!

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Question is how long will the EVIL DLM going to put my line back on fast path with maximum sync.

Two weeks, maybe four. I hope you had a good reason for messing about with the modem.

P.S. Your image link doesn't work.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Thu 25-Sep-14 18:08:59)

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Thu 25-Sep-14 21:18:30
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Certainly much quicker to interleave you than to restore fastpath. I've just been interleaved too; though I fear in my case it may be general line problems or crosstalk that won't go away even after a few weeks.

--
BT Infinity 2, moving to PlusNet (26th Sept if all goes well)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Sep-14 22:16:22
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

Plusnet did warn me it could take up to 6 months from interleaved to fast path and why do DLM love to quickly from fath path to interleaved.

God, I hate BT DLM thing! Unfair play!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Sep-14 23:04:19
Print Post

Because interleaved is used to mask line problems,that IMO is one of it's main purposes, I'm suprised that it has nobbled your connection as you have spare margin and a high attainable rate, You say that you caused several re syncs, if you are set to the speed/standard dlm profile or whatever the 3 choices open to the isp's are called i 'm sure i read somewhere that the connection would have to loose sync more than 10 times within any 24 hr period ?? less if the other options where in use
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Sep-14 23:07:45
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

^^^ as DLM does confused really. I don't know if my line in these three options standard, speed, stable?
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Sep-14 01:25:10
Print Post

I was DLM'ed earlier in the summer, due to 1 day with a higher-than-normal ES count. My speed went from 79 to 72Mbps, but intervention was only applied to my downstream - while you seem to be hit on both down- and upstream.

It took 8 weeks to restore.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Sep-14 01:27:42
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

8 weeks!!!! God, I can't wait that long!

I think DLM should restore within 72 hours not [censored] 8 weeks! God damn, i hate BT.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Sep-14 01:28:51
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
I'm suprised that it has nobbled your connection as you have spare margin and a high attainable rate,

I noticed that too - it seems strange. My line dropped to 72Mbps, but it didn't have the spare capacity.

However, I have also seen one other line do this recently. It looks like a standard way for BT to run things now.

i 'm sure i read somewhere that the connection would have to loose sync more than 10 times within any 24 hr period ?? less if the other options where in use

I had the same understanding; I've certainly done more than 3 resyncs in a day with no adverse effect on DLM.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Sep-14 01:30:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
^^^ as DLM does confused really. I don't know if my line in these three options standard, speed, stable?

Plusnet probably know how they request lines to be provisioned. I've heard they go for the speed option, but I haven't seen it definitively from plusnet themselves.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to