General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shure
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:26:54
Print Post

How up to date is the BT DSL Checker?

[link to this post]

I've read some posts on here where people get Fibre information from the BT DSL checker, even telling them their cabinet has been delayed until late 2015, for example.

The reason for this post is that, although my cabinet is listed as Coming Soon in the OR Where & When site, and the accompanying pdf lists it as due Dec 14, when I use the DSL checker it makes no mention of Fibre whatsoever. All I get is the following:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01604 xxxxxx on Exchange HACKLETON is served by Cabinet 3
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.

Why do some people have fibre mentioned, even when it's a year in the future, while I'm supposedly due in the next few months and not a whisper? Should I be concerned? Which is the more accurate site? Am I even getting Fibre?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:33:18
Print Post

Re: How up to date is the BT DSL Checker?

[re: shure] [link to this post]

FTTC is planned at Cab 3 as part of BDUK Northants Phase 12b.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User shure
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:41:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, but I don't know what that means! What is Phase 12b and, more importantly, where might I find a timeline for that? I don't see it on the Superfast Northamptonshire website, for example.

And if it's due soon, why is it not mentioned on the DSL checker? How often is that updated?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:43:02
Print Post

I don't think the checker is updated for BDUK, but I may be mistaken.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User shure
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:52:17
Print Post

Interesting, thanks. So does that mean the Where and When site is the only place to look?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:57:23
Print Post

No it means the council sre the people who should be releasing details of roll-out

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shure
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 14:34:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused. I thought they got their information from BT? So the DSL checker is updated by the councils, not BT?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 27-Sep-14 14:45:01
Print Post

No, the DSL checker is updated by BT but doesn't include BDUK plans. When it goes live, the BT checker will be updated.

Standard User shure
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 15:50:05
Print Post

Ah, OK. I think I'm slowly getting there. So if I understand you correctly I shouldn't be too concerned by the DSL checker as it will likely only be updated once the cabinet is ready for orders? In the meantime I should just check the Where & When and Superfast Northamptonshire websites for any potential updates?

Thanks for your patience!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 27-Sep-14 15:56:27
Print Post

You may be able to see plans for the fibre enablement on roadworks.org if the fibre twin hasn't been installed yet.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to