General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ip75
(newbie) Tue 30-Sep-14 13:04:21
Print Post

Migration from Sky Broadband/Talk to FTTC from someone else

[link to this post]

Hi all - I'm currently with Sky for broadband and telephone, but I'm expecting FTTC to be available for me in the next month and I don't fancy using Sky for FTTC, as it's not particularly cheap and I can't (officially) use my own router. I called both Zen and Plusnet today and got some slightly conflicting advice on the best way to migrate away from Sky.

Zen told me I had to migrate to Zen's ADSL/telephone service, and then order FTTC, otherwise I would have broadband downtime whilst waiting for the FTTC install (~10 days). On the other hand, Plusnet told me I could migrate directly to FTTC/telephone from them without any downtime.

Does anyone know who's right? Or are they both right, but Zen's approach is safer?

Thanks for any advice.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Sep-14 14:01:42
Print Post

Re: Migration from Sky Broadband/Talk to FTTC from someone e

[re: ip75] [link to this post]

Both methods work. but the Zen one may have more of a safety net approach to it.

Any migration/upgrade carries a risk, and going from full LLU to SMPF and FTTC is one where risk is higher than a plain old return to SMPF and ADSL2+.

If PlusNet are happy to upgrade you to FTTC then you could order their ADSL2+ service now and upgrade to FTTC once its available.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ip75
(newbie) Tue 30-Sep-14 14:12:03
Print Post

Re: Migration from Sky Broadband/Talk to FTTC from someone e

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew, that makes sense. Yes, Plusnet were happy to do it either way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to