General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Fri 03-Oct-14 12:29:43
Print Post

Get-Digital Greater Manchester rollout

[link to this post]

just a quick query has anyone actually gone live as part of greater manchesters BDUK project, Get Digital, yet? (get-digital.info)

Our cab got plonked in the ground 1st Septemeber and Im patiently waiting its Ready for service date to appear on the wholesale or Superfast where and when checkers (Cab 130 connected to bolton exchange) BT vans have been to it a few times and they have had both the new cab and old cab open at the same time so im assuming they are linking the two (or however they connect them lol)

The project was announced ages ago and their website doesnt actually contain any detailed rollout info - dispite me registering for info about my line and cab when the website was first launched i have had no updates the only reason i knew the cab was coming was due to roadworks.org

frown

Andy

p.s. on a side note i know this has probably been asked thousands of times before and the answer is "how long is a piece of string" but whats the average for a cab to go live under normal conditions should i be expecting to put an order in as an xmas present to myself or should i be thinking more 2015 lol

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith

If you want something done do it yourself
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Oct-14 12:57:32
Print Post

Re: Get-Digital Greater Manchester rollout

[re: Andycs149] [link to this post]

IIRC the greater manchester project was one of the last one to get approval to go ahead, sometime at the end of last year.

Most other projects saw around 6 months between "contract-signature" and "widely-publicised-PR-stunt-with-first-cabinet-opening". I haven't seen this first-cabinet announcement from GM yet.

However, according to this story:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6582-magic-1-mill...

GM had 508 subsidised premises enabled by July 2014. That sounds like a maximum of 2 or 3 cabinets, so it seems they have followed similar timescales to other projects.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 03-Oct-14 14:00:29
Print Post

Re: Get-Digital Greater Manchester rollout

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

And individual cabinet I'd suggest 1 month to 4 months as the normal range.

There are some annoying ones that have been stood for over a year and not gone live yet, but while annoying to those affected they are fairly rare.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to