General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Sat 04-Oct-14 20:59:25
Print Post

Superfast Wales mixed messages

[link to this post]

So just been on the Superfast Wales web site and entered my phone number, it says Coming Soon and expected date of end of March 2015 but when I click on my exchange area on the map it says June 2015! Seems they are slightly confused. BT where and when says March also but what seems likely to me is that June 2015 is the new date and they haven't updated it properly frown

*edited date

Edited by astateoftrance (Sat 04-Oct-14 21:17:28)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Oct-14 21:11:17
Print Post

Re: Superfast Wales mixed messages

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Did you mean 2015 or are dates very out of date?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(experienced) Sat 04-Oct-14 21:15:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

oops, yes I meant 2015. I will edit it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Oct-14 22:55:19
Print Post

i've never got any sense out of them when I have contacted them to be honest. I would tend to go with the BT one maybe I am wrong?
(experienced) Sun 05-Oct-14 19:15:40
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Well I hope you are right smile Guess it's just a case of wait and see. I got a reply to a email last year to confirm my cabinet would be upgraded so I can't complain there. Been on their twitter to check news recently though and found that most of the tweets they make are nothing to do with the Fibre rollout, quite annoying as imo it should only be used for Superfast Wales news.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Oct-14 19:18:23
Print Post

agreed.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Oct-14 18:23:00
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Superfarce are very confused.. they told me that a new survey for our cabinet had been completed and was being considered, but they told my AM that a new survey was required. They told my AM that planning consent needed to be applied for, but the council planners tell me that the new location has been unconditionally agreed and that there are no planning issues preventing work going ahead.

They seem only interested in republishing PR blurb and positive spin for this very patchy roll out.

Superfast service from my cab now over 3 months late....

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI - Now back with Enta - Improving steadily BACKWARDS
SWPM PCP29 - A terrible Line on a poor cabinet, still waiting for Superfarce Cymru to get our upgrade to Fibre done.... 10+ years of instability and mystery resyncs - no wonder people call them OPENJOKE.
BQM - for fans of regular packet loss
(experienced) Mon 20-Oct-14 19:05:15
Print Post

Well a Fibre cabinet has just popped up in the village where our exchange is (approx 2 miles away) hopefully they will do ours soon then. Also seen them laying Fibre in a different exchange area around 5 miles away... nice to see some upgrades going on even if they are not yet at my cabinet.
(experienced) Sat 08-Nov-14 10:06:07
Print Post

Well they are busy digging a hole in front of and around the corner from our cabinet, in the third day of work now... is this the normal thing? there was already a chamber in front of the cabinet.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 08-Nov-14 10:24:26
Print Post

May be linked to how they are getting mains power to the cabinet

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to