General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alekx3
(newbie) Mon 06-Oct-14 10:29:30
Print Post

Stepney Green, Cabinet 3 FTTC

[link to this post]

Hello all,
I have moved to Stepney Green, E1 with my line on Cabinet 3. Since May 2014 BT Openreach was "going" to upgrade the Cabinet 3 for the FTTC service. Needless to say this has been moved to June, then August, then end of September and now.. March 2015.

Is there any way to understand what is going on and why they're not upgrading the cabinet, despite the others are well connected?

I have already tried to get in touch with Openreach, but no luck.

Thanks all smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 06-Oct-14 10:41:07
Print Post

Re: Stepney Green, Cabinet 3 FTTC

[re: alekx3] [link to this post]

Looked at local authority planning applications?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alekx3
(newbie) Mon 06-Oct-14 10:44:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Actually tried, but can't find any trace within my postcode (and near ones) nor by BT. To say, Tower Hamlet's website isn't the best.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Oct-14 11:49:17
Print Post

Someone in this thread:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4318503-bt-...

managed to get a reply from Openreach recently. The old "nga.enquiries" address stopped, but the plain one could get you a result.

There are a random smattering of cabs around the country that have seemingly intractable problems. One cause that pops up every now and again, and is totally invisible, is that Openreach can't find a location to site the cabinet. Not because of what is above ground, but because it can't find somewhere that is sufficiently empty of underground services.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Oct-14 12:04:05
Print Post

I suspect the cabinet is stood and maybe visible on street view! I suspect that there is a duct blockage preventing the copper cables being provided and that new duct maybe required. I guess the parking bays may be a further delay.
  Print Thread

Jump to