General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lambrettaday
(newbie) Fri 17-Oct-14 20:37:03
Print Post

FTTPoD

[link to this post]

Can anyone here tell me how I can check if my cabinet has got/will get FTTPoD? I have FTTC at the moment but hope to get FTTPoD if or when it's available.

Thanks.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-Oct-14 20:40:54
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD

[re: Lambrettaday] [link to this post]

The DSL checker will tell you www.dslchecker.bt.com

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 17-Oct-14 20:41:52
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/btavailability.html fod will show up if you use the bt wholesale checker

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 17-Oct-14 20:46:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. I've check the links and no mention of FTTPoD so maybe I won't be able to get it. Just keep my fingers crossed that it may become available in the near future.

Thanks.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-Oct-14 20:49:08
Print Post

What was the estimate for FTTC?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
(newbie) Fri 17-Oct-14 21:15:13
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Estimate was 40/10. Does the speed estimate make a difference as to whether I could get FTTPoD?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-Oct-14 21:27:01
Print Post

It could indicate how far you are from the cabinet, which could have major cost implications for FTTPoD. However, 40/10 sounds like the max for the 40/10 product rather than an estimate from the DSL checker.

(newbie) Fri 17-Oct-14 21:33:18
Print Post

Sorry if I made it sound like and estimate. My cabinet figures for my line is 40/10. I'm about 525m from the cabinet. I'm not too worried about cost.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-Oct-14 21:42:35
Print Post

The Openreach wholesale price list indicates you could incur an install charge of £2450 for that sort of distance, plus the £750 standard cost plus £1188 annual rental and that's what the ISP would be looking at. Obviously the retail cost will be different to this. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricin...

Edited by BatBoy (Fri 17-Oct-14 21:43:37)

(newbie) Fri 17-Oct-14 21:47:09
Print Post

See what you mean about cost. I'd have to think about that if FTTPoD ever came to my cabinet. Thanks for all the useful info.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to