General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jacko0
(learned) Mon 20-Oct-14 15:13:07
Print Post

My cabinet has been removed from Openreach upgrade program!

[link to this post]

Hi All,
I sent BT another email asking about my local BT fibre cabinet (Kidbrooke PCP2) . It's constantly having it's go live date pushed back since 2010. The reply below says it's been removed from the current Openreach commercial upgrade program. Does anyone know when the next "commercial upgrade program" will start? Or will we never get FTTC ?!?!

Thank you for your enquiry regarding fibre broadband. I am sorry about the delay in providing the service. This is due to planning issues when trying to find a suitable location for the fibre cabinet.

In the case of this cabinet, no such site could be found and the cabinet was removed from the current Openreach commercial upgrade program.

You can register your expression of interest about fibre broadband on the Openreach website at http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen....

Regards

NGA Enquiries
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Oct-14 15:20:29
Print Post

Re: My cabinet has been removed from Openreach upgrade progr

[re: jacko0] [link to this post]

I would assume it now goes either into your local BDUK programme, into the next lot of government funded programme or put on the back burner until either further government funding is found or BT decide they have the funds to make it worthwhile.

Your best bet would be to get onto your local BDUK programme and ask them if they will be putting it into their plans as BT have now dropped it from theirs.

Caveat here though is you appear to be in outer London so not sure if there is current government funding in your area?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Oct-14 15:26:57
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

If the cabinet was dropped because no site could be found, then money from BDUK is unlikely to change that.

The only change would be if it was deemed worthwhile to deploy FTTP using underground chambers and ducting, with the pre-requisite change in price, i.e. cost more per home passed.

With targets of 90% in current and 95% with superfast in the 2017 target, does the original poster feel lucky? There is no rule that says 5% means just a home 2 miles from its nearest neighbour, in fact these are pretty rare.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Oct-14 17:11:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What about all in one cabinet's assuming this local council objections ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Oct-14 17:23:26
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Might be an option, but the larger size might still be an issue, depends on whether this is a planning objection, power supply issue, or size of foot print on the pavement type issue.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to