General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SleeD
(newbie) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:02:54
Print Post

EMMARCH EXC, CAB P2 - Fibre Enabled, CAN'T ORDER?

[link to this post]

So after a back and forth with BT, I've been pointed in the direction of these forums in the hope that someone might be able to assist.

I'm connected to exchange EMMARCH, on cabinet/PCP 2. The OR website shows that this exchange and cabinet is AO, and ready to order - however, contacting BT results in nothing, I can't order, and can't give me a reason why or how long it should be until I can.

Can someone please help as to why this would be? I have a distinct feeling this is a database/information out date issue, and not actually an issue with the exchange, cabinet or anything technically related.

Postcode(s) used:
ST14 8NX
ST14 8NZ

Telephone: 01283820650

Help, as I'm slowly losing the will (and miss being in a property served by Virgin Media).

Thanks!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:08:26
Print Post

Re: EMMARCH EXC, CAB P2 - Fibre Enabled, CAN'T ORDER?

[re: SleeD] [link to this post]

Cabinet 2 is planned but not live yet.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:17:13
Print Post

ST14 8NX is on the boundary of two exchange areas.
ST14 8NZ looks to be on Marchington exchange which is same as the number, so looks like Cabinet 2 on that exchange.

The BT Wholesale checker for various addresses on that cabinet shows it is not enabled.

So either a mistake or cabinet has only just gone live and the BT Wholesale and ISP level checkers are a day or two behind. How long as the Openreach site said the cabinet has been live.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:23:38
Print Post

I would remove your phone number if I were you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User SleeD
(newbie) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:27:05
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Batboy - Where did you get this information from? I've had information from Superfast Staffordshire (the local BDUK funded team) confirm that cabinets 1,2 and 3 all went live earlier this week.
Standard User SleeD
(newbie) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:29:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

MrSaffron - ST14 8NX is on the boundary, but had confirmed that it is connected to the EMMARCH Exchange, also on Cabinet 2 (the same as ST14 8NZ).

I had the same issue with the wholesale checker, however when I tried checking an Address (The Old Vicarage, ST14 8NZ) with Sky, it seems It can get fibre!

The cabinets have been live on OR's website for around 3 days now, so it's still early days but would've expected BT and other ISPs to be slightly more on the ball?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:30:28
Print Post

Don't forget the AO from Openreach refers to orders from its customers. In this case BT Wholesale; Sky; TalkTalk and Zen. The have to order and have fitted a GEA Cablelink at the exchange before it becomes available to retail customers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Standard User SleeD
(newbie) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:30:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

RobertoS - it's included to help anyone trying to figure out the issue run tests directly against a line (as a postcode, as repeatedly get reminded isn't as useful as a telephone number).

Besides, it hasn't and won't ever have a phone attached to it, so I'm not too bothered laugh
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:32:00
Print Post

Does your number/address show it as available on Sky?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Oct-14 13:35:00
Print Post

smile
Fair enough re no phone attached.

It there was, it's best to PM numbers to anyone here requesting it, as the forums are crawled by google so people could end up getting even more spam calls than normal.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to