General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Wed 22-Oct-14 15:59:19
Print Post

Nailing down a "go live" date

[link to this post]

Hi.

Our exchange at Torcross (WWTORX) was meant to be going live earlier in the summer. Then September, and is now penned in for end of November. Our village (Slapton) has a new fibre cab installed, though we can't tell whether it has fibre plumbed.

Other than roadworks.org - which is brilliant - how else can we get a clearer idea on when a cabinet and its area will go live? (other than begging Mr Ribble on these forums...)

Thanks

Will
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Oct-14 16:02:58
Print Post

Re: Nailing down a "go live" date

[re: deiwise] [link to this post]

You already have your answer; Ribble is about the only source I can think of smile

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 22-Oct-14 16:51:38
Print Post

Pestered the CDS project? They might not give you an answer, but if enough people are pestering they might get the idea about more information

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deiwise
(committed) Wed 22-Oct-14 17:03:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yep. Unfortunately, they seem to treat the public as an unnecessary nuisance who should be ignored. Their Twitter handle hasn't been touched since August so clearly they have a communications issue. The irony...
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Oct-14 19:13:53
Print Post

I suspect currently neither fibre, power or copper are connected so November maybe wishful also.
Standard User FredTheB
(learned) Wed 22-Oct-14 20:09:15
Print Post

Hi,

You asked earlier on in the year about fibreoptic. I was the one who answered your question. All you can do is wait. There are always blockages in ducts and BT do take their time to unblock all of them. But I suspect that you should get fibre at your given date because i dont see any Openreach unbloacking ducts roadworks in your area. Think about me, I have to wait a whole year for Fibre and they might be giving me a rubbish date aswell.

All you can do is be patient smile
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Wed 22-Oct-14 22:35:44
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thought as much. I'll wait 'til the New Year...

Thanks Ribble. Appreciated.
  Print Thread

Jump to