General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Oakfieldguys
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 17:11:44
Print Post

Windermere Cab 11 - can anyone help?

[link to this post]

I'm currently connected to Cabinet 11 on the Windermere exchange. The problem is that the exchange is on one side of the lake, the box on the other. As a result I only manage a 1.4Mb connection speed at best. I moved here a year ago, in the knowledge the Windermere exchange would be fibre enabled middle of 2014. Well it was .. But not cabinet 11. BT wholesale checkers says my cabinet is due to be upgraded, but finding out when is nigh on impossible. I'm trying to work from home and need to make decisions if I should hang on and wait an indefinite time, or start to look at satellite broadband. My main concern is even if BT are saying my cabinet is due to be upgraded, when it gets down to the nitty gritty and funds get short, given the probable high expense and low no. of connections to this cabinet it's one that's likely to fall by the wayside. All I want us some reassurance the cabinet will definitely be upgraded, and even better some estimate as to when. I emailed my local broadband coordinator a couple of weeks ago but received no response (actually I emailed two as I wasn't sure which one I fell under and neither responded). Can anyone help?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 29-Oct-14 18:39:07
Print Post

Re: Windermere Cab 11 - can anyone help?

[re: Oakfieldguys] [link to this post]

Have you asked here? http://www.connectingcumbria.org.uk/home

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 18:56:19
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

This was where I got the local co-ordinators contact details from but I see there is also an info@ email address - I'll try that! Thank you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Oct-14 20:00:49
Print Post

[re: Oakfieldguys] [link to this post]

I reckon it's definitely going to be done, probably well into next year though
(newbie) Fri 31-Oct-14 07:54:23
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thank you. I took the earlier advice and emailed the info@ address on the connecting cumbria website. I had a response a few hours later saying it was due to be upgraded around June 2015. Thanks again to those that replied to my post.
  Print Thread

Jump to