General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Cruff
(newbie) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:19:40
Print Post

Leyland exchange (cab 58)

[link to this post]

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether the information I have regarding cab 58 on the Leyland exchange is correct? Using the BT Wholesale ADSL checker (address checker, not just postcode), I can see that the property I'm about to move into is serviced by the above cab, and that there is an 'Availability Date' of 26 November.

There's an FTTC Downstream and Upstream speed quoted - so does this mean the cab has actually been provisioned, and that I'm likely to be able to order fibre from it on the date quoted? Or is it likely that this date has just been chucked in by BT and will just keep getting updated every month?

Thanks in advance smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:32:21
Print Post

Re: Leyland exchange (cab 58)

[re: Cruff] [link to this post]

A date like 26 November is probably a genuine expected date. Quarter end dates - end of March; June; September and December are usually placeholders and unreliable.

It doesn't guarantee it will go live then of course. Unless it already is live and just the line cards are all in use and more are to be installed on that day. That sort of thing tends to be on time.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:34:29
Print Post

The cabinet is full. You may get lucky with a free port but someone else may get in there early. If there were plans for another cab they would take several months at least to complete

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cruff
(newbie) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:36:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info - very helpful

You clearly don't work for BT ;o)

Do you know whether there's anything I can look out for on the cab to indicate it's been/being done? The place I'm moving to (Buckshaw Village) has apparently had an extremely chequered history with fast BB rollout - with delays reported of over two years from alleged proposed installation dates.

I've heard tales of stickers being applied to cabs that have been enabled, or mysterious markings like crop circles on the ground drawn on by Openreach engineers to indicate a cab is being/has been upgraded - but not sure whether these are all old wives' tales blush)
Standard User Cruff
(newbie) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:52:02
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Damn. Is that inside info, or something you got from the 'Availability Date' quoted?

If it's the former, any chance of them putting another line card in there to get more ports? Or is the whole cab full?

Cheers
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Nov-14 15:57:02
Print Post

The cabinet is full. You may get lucky with repaired 'faulty port' or one may become free.
The cabinet has been live for about 18 months

Edited by Ribble (Mon 03-Nov-14 15:58:35)

Standard User Cruff
(newbie) Mon 03-Nov-14 17:24:47
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

OK, so by 'full' you mean no capacity to add a further line card in there - meaning there would need to be a brand new cab installed to provision to the area?
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Nov-14 17:48:13
Print Post

Yes, full as in no additional capacity possible
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 03-Nov-14 17:48:19
Print Post

On the DSL checker at www.dslchecker.bt.com just under the table of speeds, it says
FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.
Along with the date given of 26-Nov-14 I would be confident that you can order on that date.

I suggest you keep checking daily, perhaps by setting up a page watcher.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 04-Nov-14 12:10:41
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I see the cabinet has availability now
BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address BUCKSHAW VILLAGE, CHORLEY, PR7 7AA on Exchange LEYLAND is served by Cabinet 58

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 80 69.3 20 20 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 80 58.8 20 17.7 -- Available

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to