General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User andatche
(regular) Wed 05-Nov-14 00:56:36
Print Post

NGA handover for MYCAW cabinets

[link to this post]

I wonder if anyone with access to the appropriate information might be able to tell me which handover exchanges the four cabs on MYCAW are backhauled to? Unfortunately they were rolled out too late to be covered by the leaked spreadsheets. Specifically, I'm interested in cabinets 3 & 4.

The reason I'm interested is due to the mix of DSLAM types among local cabinets. Cabs 1 and 2 are in the next village (~2.5mi from the exchange) and appear to have ECI DSLAMS. They were provisioned about a year before cabs 3 & 4 and I suspect they're handed over at MYSEL, to which they're roughly equidistant from MYCAW and which is our nearest larger exchange. The cabs directly served by MYSEL all have ECI DSLAMS too, so this would appear to make sense. Cabs 3 and 4 were provisioned this year and have Huawei 96 and 288 DSLAMS respectively. This would suggest they're handed over elsewhere (MYCAW itself?), if the oft-touted info that DSLAM types are not mixed per handover node is correct?
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 05-Nov-14 07:46:55
Print Post

Re: NGA handover for MYCAW cabinets

[re: andatche] [link to this post]

I can't help with the info you requested but in my town we have a mix of ECI and Huawei cabs connected to the same exchange.

All of the cabs deployed during the commercial rollout were ECI cabs but so far all the cabs, apart from one, rolled out under the BDUK project have been Huawei 96 or 288 cabs.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Nov-14 09:51:00
Print Post

All goto Selby which has both eci and huawei nodes

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Computerman142
(member) Wed 05-Nov-14 20:46:30
Print Post

As per ribble said, the Selby exchange has Huawei cabs but the only ones I have seen are the small 96 variant and are outside the exchange the rest are ECI's. Cabinet 4 only gone live hasn't it? When did they install it?

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL Cabinet 6

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC estimated 40/2 - Currently getting 24.5Mbps/2Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps. Super router coming in a few days
Standard User andatche
(regular) Fri 07-Nov-14 15:29:16
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
All goto Selby which has both eci and huawei nodes

Thanks for confirming.
Standard User andatche
(regular) Fri 07-Nov-14 15:30:48
Print Post

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Computerman142:
As per ribble said, the Selby exchange has Huawei cabs but the only ones I have seen are the small 96 variant and are outside the exchange the rest are ECI's. Cabinet 4 only gone live hasn't it? When did they install it?

Looks like mixing types is normal then. smile Cab 4 (to which I am connected) went live at the beginning of October.
Standard User andatche
(regular) Fri 07-Nov-14 15:35:19
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
I can't help with the info you requested but in my town we have a mix of ECI and Huawei cabs connected to the same exchange.

All of the cabs deployed during the commercial rollout were ECI cabs but so far all the cabs, apart from one, rolled out under the BDUK project have been Huawei 96 or 288 cabs.

Interestingly, the case is the same here. Cabs 1 & 2 (ECI) were deployed during the commercial rollout and cabs 3 & 4 (Huawei) under phase 1 of SFNY rollout.
  Print Thread

Jump to