General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Nov-14 12:38:41
Print Post

New cab go live time?

[link to this post]

Probably getting carried away but BT have just finished putting the new fttc cab in, Sam knows has a RFS date of 31/12/14, Better broadband for norfolk has a go live of by the end of March 2015, appreciate its probably how long is a piece of string but does anyone know how long it "usually" takes from cab install? I had a good look going past yesterday and all the gear is in it.

Current BB is driving me nuts always sync at 8Mbps but speed is atrocious (congested exchange but BT won't budge been like it ages, holiday village always worse at holiday times).

Exchange is EACLE, cab is PCP3 if anyone has access to that info smile

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Nov-14 12:40:30
Print Post

Re: New cab go live time?

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

A few weeks to a year or two. Depends on whether any issues occur

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Kimi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Nov-14 14:31:04
Print Post

Our cab was fitted last January with a live date of last spring. Still not live yet so be prepared for a wait if any problems

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Nov-14 16:47:25
Print Post

Like Andrew said, it really depends.

If there are no blocked ducts, and easy access to power, and no bad hardware, then weeks.

If there are any issues, then BT seem to focus on the easy ones, and you can expect sporadic roadworks over many months to fix the problems.

My BDUK scheme has a phase 3 cabinet live, whilst some phase 1 cabinets are still not.

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Nov-14 13:44:27
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Mne is done, fans on but theres cabling back to Christchurch(17th to 19th of nov), I'm not a 100% sure its to do with my exchange because it has WBC.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 10-Nov-14 13:47:51
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Your exchange having WBC doesn't mean to say it is or will be an FTTC/P headend.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Nov-14 14:21:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No i was just trying to say to the OP that even if the cabs are done and are on, it may mean more work than just blocked ducts( the exchanges are STBRNGR and StBurley)
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Nov-14 22:29:18
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Thanks all. I gather the fibre is in and done, they were doing that the week before the cab went in (I went out with cups of tea lol)

The cab is completely finished according to the workman I spoke to. Power may have been on, as involved 3 way traffic lights and new cab is 2 streets from the existing cab they had everyone on site at the same time so as to dig 2 roads up once only. Only what workmen said when I spoke to them so could be rubbish.

I know via County council and bduk they were talking about running fibre from next nearest town to cabs and not from village exchange so dunno if that happened but along those roads open reach were around for weeks so guess it's possible instead of enabling the village exchange.

Then again with a bit of net detective work I seem to know more than local council people anyway....

Fingers crossed because my steady 8Mbps adsl is running like a dog again and as usual Indian call centre saying no fault found and quoting my sync and ip profile as "proof" honestly arrrrrgh

Oh and as for WBC our exchange still has no rfs date for that so doubt 21cn means anything in relation to fttc in this case

Edited by Rich44 (Wed 12-Nov-14 22:33:14)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Nov-14 23:25:56
Print Post

No need for WBC at an exchange, the fibre can run from another exchange, depends which is cheaper run the fibre a longer distance or install an fibre handover node. If no WBC in an exchange running to a near one with WBC available is usually the way to go.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Nov-14 08:41:50
Print Post

I susspect only cabinet stand has been completed and that all other activity is still to be done (fibre,copper,power)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to