General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Nov-14 10:37:36
Print Post

Timico FTTC ?

[link to this post]

Hi there, asking on behalf of a punter, anyone got any views or experience of using these guys FTTC service ?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Nov-14 11:26:42
Print Post

Re: Timico FTTC ?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Almost entirely business rather than consumer oriented. They took over Newnet and were happy to lose the consumer customers that contributed revenue to offset Newnet's fixed costs.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Nov-14 19:14:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

OK, thanks Bob.

Had a fault on one this morning, everything tickety-boo, but throughput speeds, especially the upstream, consistently low. Hadn't heard of them before and got a feeling that the issues were at the ISP's end of things.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Nov-14 09:42:56
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
OK, thanks Bob.

Had a fault on one this morning, everything tickety-boo, but throughput speeds, especially the upstream, consistently low. Hadn't heard of them before and got a feeling that the issues were at the ISP's end of things.
We used to use them at my previous job for ADSL. They were expensive and didn't offer 24/7 support unless you paid extra (which was weird since my home ISP had 24/7 support) but they seemed competent. Most of our problems stemmed from the long telephone line to our office. When we finally had a leased line installed we left them.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 15-Nov-14 09:43:32)

Print Thread

Jump to