General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User putersaysno
(newbie) Tue 18-Nov-14 16:34:03
Print Post

Native FTTP

[link to this post]

I have been checking for a long while to see when I can get Infinity. I have now found out after a bit of research that I am in a native FTTP area. My house it seems was built after the rollout in my road. BT are telling me that my cabinet is full but this does not seem to be true as I have asked a neighbour to check if they can get the service and they can order. It appears that the infrastructure was put in place by my house developer as there is a BT manhole outside my house (empty) and ducting from the manhole to my property. If every other property in my road has FTTP then Openreach are never going to provide more capacity as nobody else will be requesting it. Surely they just need to extend from nearest manhole to mine ? Any idea what I can do ?
Standard User Icaras
(member) Tue 18-Nov-14 18:16:05
Print Post

Re: Native FTTP

[re: putersaysno] [link to this post]

Cabinet full? That makes no sense as FTTP doesn't come from a cabinet. Sounds like it just requires someone to manually investigate this for you at BT (if that's who you choose to go with) and query it with Openreach.
(newbie) Tue 18-Nov-14 18:50:12
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

I have native FTTP in my area so I guess my only choice is BT ? I have tried BT sales many times but they keep telling me I can not get an Infinity service and can not tell me when I will ever be able to get a service. Would Openreach just have to install a new node in the manhole outside my property ? Would they do this for just one house ? Who should I speak to at BT ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Tue 18-Nov-14 19:03:49
Print Post

Try call to ZEN or AAISP

they both sell FTTP and maybe can help you.

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Nov-14 20:12:07
Print Post

Don't worry had BT Retail twitter account claim they don't sell an Infinity 3 or 4 product (the faster FTTP versions)

Get another ISP to do some checking for you.

It may be if there has been high take-up that the fibre manifolds in the pavement are full, and there have been some issues in Milton Keynes where even number houses can get it, but odd cannot, i.e. FTTP roll-out was cancelled and some jobs left half done.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Tue 18-Nov-14 22:30:40
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

if house was built afterr FTTP deployed then the systems wont recognise there is fibre at the DP but not fibre form DP to premise -- is it a single house or development

Edited by Fastman2 (Tue 18-Nov-14 22:31:21)

(newbie) Tue 18-Nov-14 23:30:02
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

It was a small development of 3 houses. Other 2 houses checked if Infinity was available but because checker said it was not ordered Virgin. I would much prefer Infinity because of the faster upload speeds as I wish to use cloud storage for large files.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 18-Nov-14 23:39:05
Print Post

I wonder if the builder just forgot to tell Openreach he had completed the infrastructure. Are there pull-ropes through the ducts? (I think they may be blue).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
(newbie) Tue 18-Nov-14 23:48:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes I have the blue rope sticking out of the ducting. How would I make BT or openreach know this. I asked if they could at least survey but they said no.
Standard User benn1
(member) Wed 19-Nov-14 07:45:42
Print Post

I would suggest speaking to someone like AAISP/Zen as they can lean on BT Openreach and ask them to investigate,

Originally on <n>ildram Broadband Pro (2mb)

then - Orange - Virgin - Sky LLU
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to