General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 00:47:16
Print Post

Openreach/Fibre Database Error - Pulling my hair out! HELP. *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by timamb
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Nov-14 08:28:22
Print Post

Re: Openreach/Fibre Database Error - Pulling my hair out! HE

[re: timamb] [link to this post]

Cross posting is generally frowned upon on this forum as you get multiple streams of discussion and people don't realise questions have already been asked/answered.

To help others the other post is here
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 19:26:04
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hi. Thank you for making me so welcome. Cross dressing is generally frowned upon too. Do I need to stop doing that too?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Nov-14 23:12:42
Print Post

Well you certainly won't encourage "Welcomes" by getting stroppy so quickly. You did of course state when registering that you had read the third entry on this page, which gives the reason for what it says.

Nor, if the cross-post had remained and people had answered here, possibly taking a few minutes over it, and someone else added to that reply, then 20 minutes later both found your other post with similar answers from others, and vice versa, would you have much chance of future help.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 23:24:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok ok. I'm sorry. I wasn't being stroppy. I'm actually a decent person you know.

I'm new to all this.

I guess I didn't expect the first contact I had on this forum to be like it was.

I deleted the duplicate post immediately. Thought I was doing the right thing.

I do genuinely hope you guys can help me.

Edited by timamb (Wed 19-Nov-14 23:25:04)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Nov-14 23:31:22
Print Post

smile
You did the right thing by deleting it so quickly. I was impressed, and I'm sure Ian, plus others who saw it, were also.

Note that Ian also included a link to the other - which if he was being nasty he wouldn't have.

Anyway - in the other thread, MrSaffron is the person on these forums most likely to be able to help on the particular problem. You are in good hands, though even he can't guarantee to sort out Openreach wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 23:39:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your reply.

Again I didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot.

I'm so frustrated that I just get the computer says no response from suppliers.

What makes the situation so crazy is that I already have fibre and even Sky who currently supply me say I can't get it!

As requested I sent an email to his email address listed in his profile details. Is this right?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Nov-14 23:42:59
Print Post

Yes, it's right.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Nov-14 09:29:37
Print Post

Sorry, just to confirm I was trying to be helpful to you and everyone else by giving a link to the other post to ensure that a single set of responses/conversation could be done. It wasn't meant to upset and I thought it was a polite post gently pointing out the rules of the site - it wasn't having a go at you and is something that does happen from time to time.

No offence was intended and I do understand your frustration.
  Print Thread

Jump to