General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User knightgkla
(newbie) Sat 06-Dec-14 19:39:11
Print Post

Is my cabinet really being upgraded in 2014?

[link to this post]

Can anyone help, like others I'm trying to plan my broadband. My cabinet, 30 on EMBELPE (Belper) is in Derbyshire's BDUK plan for Phase 2 2014. Anyone got information as to when it really might be?
Standard User knightgkla
(newbie) Thu 11-Dec-14 13:53:53
Print Post

Re: Is my cabinet really being upgraded in 2014?

[re: knightgkla] [link to this post]

Seems not.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Dec-14 19:14:21
Print Post

Have you contacted the Derbyshire project team, as they would be the best to ask about a date, also what does the BT wholesale adsl checker say for your phone number or address?

If the FTTC cab is not live by now, its very likely to be Q1 2015 before its live.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Thu 11-Dec-14 19:15:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Dec-14 19:30:40
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

It's worth pointing out that BT work to Financial Year quarters. So BT Q1 is April-May. I realise you probably mean Calendar Year Q1, but things could get confusing smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Dec-14 20:42:04
Print Post

Perhaps post a postcode and someone may be able to find something out

Standard User knightgkla
(newbie) Fri 12-Dec-14 07:41:38
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies. I've tried contacting the Derbyshire BDUK team by email and the reply is that "because of Government cuts they do not have the staff to answer questions". Hope that doesn't mean nobody's administering the contract. I was hoping for some inside information. I realise that things can go wrong but if the cabinet is scheduled for 2014 the contract must be running late.
As regards a postcode one reply asked for, it's DE56 2TR but if people don't have access to cabinet level information, they won't be able to help.
Standard User shure
(learned) Fri 12-Dec-14 23:53:31
Print Post

I shouldn't count on it. My exchange was listed as going live by 31/12/14 when I last checked it two weeks ago, but on looking today it's been put back 18 months. 18 months!. So I think the dates on the rollout plans appear to be generated by one of the National Lottery computers. I don't think you can rely on them at all, unfortunately. It doesn't appear that there's actually any science behind the estimated dates, just guesswork.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Dec-14 01:26:39
Print Post

[re: shure] [link to this post]

Remember the exchange date is meaningless since not all cabs on an exchange are necessarily upgraded and even if they are it is unlikely that all will be completed on the same date. The only date that is relevant is the date when the cab to which your phone line is connected is to be enabled.
Standard User knightgkla
(newbie) Sat 13-Dec-14 07:46:11
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Yes but my CABINET was in BDUK as Phase 2 2014, the exchange has been enabled for some time (year?)
Standard User shure
(learned) Sat 13-Dec-14 09:56:02
Print Post

My cabinet - number 3, if you want to know - was listed in the Where and When site as going live this month, when suddenly, within days of alleged activation, out of the blue they moved it back 18 months. Sam Knows still lists it as 31/12/14, which shows how sudden the change has been. Clearly the "planners" aren't worthy of the name. I would understand a few month's delay due to unforeseen circumstances, but this tells me that the original date was never intended and simply a convenient placemark. And if they can do it with mine, they can do it with others. Unfortunately, the dates BT gives are simply a work of fiction and cannot be trusted under any circumstances.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to