General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Stobart
(newbie) Sun 21-Dec-14 21:26:07
Print Post

Been under BT's 'enabled area' category for a while now

[link to this post]

My home according to the BT website is an an enabled area, but the cabinet hasn't been upgraded yet and it has been like this for about 6 months. I have internet speeds that max out at around 0.98 mbps, however whenever someone else uses the internet in the house it becomes so slow it's unusable. My nearest exchange is in a town which is close by, however my house is in a remote location about 1.5 miles away. We desperately need a faster internet connection (it can take me 8 hours to download a 1.5 hour film and I can't watch YouTube in any more than 360p). I was wondering how long people have waited for their cabinet to be accepting orders and what signs are shown when a cabinet is being upgraded.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 21-Dec-14 22:03:03
Print Post

Re: Been under BT's 'enabled area' category for a while now

[re: Stobart] [link to this post]

Name the exchange and cabinet and maybe some clues may appear on timescales.

In terms of signs roadworks.org is a good indicator as ducting/power works will appear on that if your cabinet is going to be enabled.

As for an enabled area, which actual BT website, there is a chance your cabinet is enabled but you are too far from it to get any VDSL2 signal, so never have it offered to you. Rare but possible.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to