General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User the_fridge21
(newbie) Mon 22-Dec-14 10:07:36
Print Post

Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire Exchange

[link to this post]

Just looking for anyone with better understanding and knowledge with regards to BT infinity , broadband exchange information etc.

I think our exchange says coming soon now within the next 6 months on the open reach site.

For your info , I live around 0.3 mile from the exchange i think roughly.

Any guidance on general speed expectation using BT Infinity or others for download and upload?

Merry Christmas to all wink

Edited by the_fridge21 (Mon 22-Dec-14 13:14:06)

Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Dec-14 11:57:06
Print Post

Re: Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire Exchange

[re: the_fridge21] [link to this post]

Distance to the exchange ceases to matter with FTTC,

Find your cab number here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Then go hunting for it, and measure the distance back to your property. Very rough speeds can be found here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband....

That said, at 260m by pacing, my maximum estimates from BT are 80/20, so hopefully full speeds. (cabinet is enabled, waiting for install).

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User airds
(newbie) Mon 22-Dec-14 15:02:39
Print Post

Re: Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire Exchange

[re: the_fridge21] [link to this post]

Afraid to say, take the 6 months with a large pinch of salt ... my Oban excange was mooted in the first group of the Highlands & Islands FTTC upgrades - well over 2 years ago but slipped back 4 or 5 times. And a quarter or 6 months each time. Eventually got it end of September.

My ISP (correctly) advised for an Engineer install if you internals are over 7 or 8 years old. The BT guys did well, renewing cabling right back to the 'drop off point' box approx 15m away, after finding some slight corrosion (although my 21CN/ADSL speeds were always very good too), along with the new internal box, FTTC Modem & ISP supplied new router, etc - so really got my money's worth.

Very good results as the only the second customer from my the cabinet, which is just around the corner ~75m away, maxing out at 74/75/76 down and a rock solid 18.48 Mbps up (obviously on the 80/20 service). Not changed since smile

Good luck when it gets to you ....

David

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to