General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User drphibes
(member) Mon 29-Dec-14 23:52:42
Print Post

Message for Ribble

[link to this post]

Hi

I was speaking to a few people in my village today and the subject of Fibre Broadband came up in the conversation. Our exchange in Comberbach Cheshire has been covered in the Connecting Cheshire rollout and on checking our phone numbers we are connected to Cabinet 3 that is situated at Gibb Hill . On checking my telephone line in the BT fibre checker it has stated for the past 5 months that fibre was coming soon with an initial date of Sept 2014 and then Dec 2014. Sadly this has now changed to under review status. I know from previous discussion on here the distance from the centre of village of Antrobus where we live would probably be to far for a good FTTC supply and FTTP was mentioned.

Any chance you could dig up some info for us at all ? My friend emailed connecting Cheshire but they did not have any information and just directed to the BT fibre checker.

Thanks
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Dec-14 11:01:46
Print Post

Re: Message for Ribble

[re: drphibes] [link to this post]

I ssuspect that FTTP will be covering this cabinet and that there maybe some new poles being erected for this. There may have been talk of FTTC but this may have required additional new cabinets to provide coverage.
Standard User drphibes
(member) Tue 30-Dec-14 11:36:16
Print Post

Re: Message for Ribble

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
I ssuspect that FTTP will be covering this cabinet and that there maybe some new poles being erected for this. There may have been talk of FTTC but this may have required additional new cabinets to provide coverage.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
It did seem very strange that when we entered our telephone numbers we where getting the message of "coming soon" on the BT checker and then it changed to "under review".
We have seen two groups of contractors working in the village on bringing fibre to the village and seemed to involve digging trenches, one of these crossed the road and ended directly at the BT manhole cover.
I think we where expecting the BT checker to still keep the "coming soon" message but put it back another 3 months like previously.
Guess we need to keep an eye open for some new poles going up for the next sign of progress then ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to