General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RomaN
(regular) Wed 31-Dec-14 15:36:29
Print Post

Chances of getting Fibre

[link to this post]

I was wondering if anyone can give me some info regarding the possibility of our property getting fibre in the future.

The house is connected to the Threewaters exchange, cabinet 1, postcode TR4 8JH..

According to the wholesale checker there is a date of 7-Apr-15 but the figures are very low for speeds (ie. 1).

My concern is that we are simply too far away from cabinet 1 to be able to revieve FTTC. The cabinet itself is already live but it comes up on the Superfast Cornwall site as 'high demad'.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if anyone could have a peek who maybe in the kwow that would be most appreciated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-Dec-14 16:27:43
Print Post

Re: Chances of getting Fibre

[re: RomaN] [link to this post]

The cabinet is live but out of capacity presently, which when they fix that will do nothing to improve the speed estimates you are getting.

In short until fibre is run closer to your property via FTTP or FTTrN then you will not go faster. So no hope is the message currently.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RomaN
(regular) Thu 01-Jan-15 18:33:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As I thought...

Depressing but I'd rather be a realist smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User steelrat51
(learned) Mon 05-Jan-15 10:08:39
Print Post

[re: RomaN] [link to this post]

My cabinet is out of capacity at the moment and the checker is a nightmare, it has allowed me to place an order twice and then come day of install I get oh wait its out of capacity.

Reason I mention this as the checker changes to only show speeds for ADSL 2+ and then after a while shows the FTTC with an estimated date which has the faster speeds when its not showing FTTC its a low 1.5mb is your checker showing just ADSL2+?
  Print Thread

Jump to