General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


  Print Thread
Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Thu 01-Jan-15 17:33:47
Print Post

fibre cabinet installation


[link to this post]
 
Hi everyone, and friend of mine is having a proper nightmare trying to play his.xbone online....now fibre is coming to his area and I thought I could ask someone for a ballpark figure when it may be happening....his postcode is PL253QL.

thanks

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Jan-15 18:08:33
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]
 
The BT Address Checker, using the postcode to find an address rather than just the postcode, shows that a few low number properties in Gwithian Road are connected to PCP 39 on the St Austell exchange and that FTTP is available at speeds up to 330/30 whereas others such as No11 and higher are served by PCP 49 for which, currently neither FTTP or FTTC are available.

The BT Where & When simply states that for those addresses connected to PCP49 that they are in an Enables Area and that an upgrade is planned.
Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Thu 01-Jan-15 18:25:04
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: MCM] [link to this post]
 
Ok thanks for that buddy. Passed the info on.

My Broadband Speed Test


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cymru123
(newbie) Thu 01-Jan-15 18:36:48
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]
 
Also just to let you know the FTTC DSLAM cabinet which is going to be connected to PCP 49 is estimated to be installed from Jan 7th to Jan 20th on GWITHIAN ROAD, ST AUSTELL, PL25 3QL.

However it may take weeks/months later till PCP49 and it's DSLAM cab to be ready to Accept FTTC orders.
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Thu 01-Jan-15 19:54:45
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: cymru123] [link to this post]
 
Jan 7th to Jan 20th

What YEAR smile wink

Edited by ian007jen (Thu 01-Jan-15 19:55:13)

Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Fri 06-Feb-15 08:38:33
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]
 
anymore updates for this guys??

Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Fri 06-Feb-15 17:47:03
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]
 
Anyone know if there's anymore info on when this be enabled?

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Fri 06-Feb-15 18:23:24
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]
 
If they're on Cabinet P49 (St Austell), then it's due by March.

Are you sure they cannot get FTTP? 20% of that postcode is FTTP enabled already, the remaining 80% will be FTTC.

It might be worth speaking to Superfast Cornwall for the latest info - http://www.superfastcornwall.org/

Edited by AndyHCZ (Fri 06-Feb-15 18:23:54)

Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Fri 06-Feb-15 19:08:12
Print Post

Re: fibre cabinet installation


[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
If they're on Cabinet P49 (St Austell), then it's due by March.

Are you sure they cannot get FTTP? 20% of that postcode is FTTP enabled already, the remaining 80% will be FTTC.

It might be worth speaking to Superfast Cornwall for the latest info - http://www.superfastcornwall.org/


My mate can't get fttp....he is getting 5meg atmo.....

  Print Thread

Jump to