General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Davidgasp
(newbie) Fri 02-Jan-15 16:15:05
Print Post

Wellfield Exchange cabs

[link to this post]

Hi can anyone enlighten me on when cab 5 will become active? Can't see any workers yet, a few of the other cabs on the exchange were enabled last month. BT/openreach don't reply to messages and the people who I have asked so far haven't a clue because it is a commercial cab and apparently info about it is only courtesy of BT.
As far as I am aware there is nothing stopping it from going live (no blockages etc.)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Jan-15 16:22:12
Print Post

Re: Wellfield Exchange cabs

[re: Davidgasp] [link to this post]

Commerical cabinet with an estimated date of 30th September 2015 I thought

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Davidgasp
(newbie) Fri 02-Jan-15 16:29:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think this is incorrect. The website that states that also states that the cabs that were activated last month were forecast for May 2014. Besides even without that info I doubt BT would activate 50% of the cabs on an exchange then wait a further 9 months for the remainder. In November I was told cab 5 was estimated mid December obviously wrong. On openreach before the map updated to enabled area it said it was forecasted for this coming March however it said March for the cabs that were activated last month too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Jan-15 17:00:31
Print Post

So reality maybe that no one is sure. A good reason being that the BDUK cabinets are the priority due to penalties if milestones are not met

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User unknown101
(newbie) Fri 02-Jan-15 22:47:23
Print Post

Keep an eye out around PCP5 to DSLAM over the next few weeks. Length of duct to be installed. Then a couple more months wait.
Standard User 2bagstew
(newbie) Sat 03-Jan-15 09:29:21
Print Post

I'm on Wellfield cab 2 the fibre cab has been up for over a year as the first projection was 31st Dec 2013 its now 2015.
In a email from a Digital Durham BDUK rep in the North East all the duct to all the cabs BDUK and commercial where to be cleared and all cables laid by Mid Nov 14 With the BDUK work been active by end of Nov 14 and all the commercial cabs been active by mid Dec 14.
The BT checker shows "EA" but prior to that it was showing 31st Match 2015, with you now estimating Sept 15 for cab 5 i can only assume cab 2 will be the same.
It looks very much like BT will be completing all the BDUK work first before completing there commercial work.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 03-Jan-15 09:30:36
Print Post

[re: 2bagstew] [link to this post]

Would need to check cabinet 2 again

Standard User 2bagstew
(learned) Sat 03-Jan-15 18:51:53
Print Post

Is it possible to find out if there is a set date for wellfield Cab 2.
Standard User unknown101
(newbie) Sat 03-Jan-15 22:15:34
Print Post

[re: 2bagstew] [link to this post]

End of April is looking like the date it should go live but that could change.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Jan-15 12:57:27
Print Post

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

April to June looks most likely for cabinet 2

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to