General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(regular) Mon 05-Jan-15 23:43:07
Print Post

Openrach Where and When, Incorrect Exchange Name reported.

[link to this post]

Hey All

Ok, I have noticed for a couple of weeks now due to checking on a daily basis, but the Where and When page on the openreach site is displaying the wrong name for my Exchange.

It says my Exchange name is "Roding" however its really "Ilford Central" it says the wrong name when I enter my post code along with my full address and also when I enter my phone number.

So who do I report this to and how?
Or is it just hope they notice the incorrect information out of the hundreds of exchanges out there.

I understand this feature may or may not still be in beta, but incorrect information may never get fixed if there is no way to report these issues.

If this helps my road uses PCP Cabinets 24 and 39 and routes through Exchange "Ilford Central" (LNILC)

Thanks
Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Sun 25-Jan-15 02:50:22
Print Post

Re: Openrach Where and When, Incorrect Exchange Name reporte

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Still no reply...

BTO's Where and when section is still saying the wrong name for our exchange, its sort of located in the same place on the map.

Exchange name: Roding

We're in your area but we're still
assessing whether or not we can
upgrade your cabinet. This means
you can't order Superfast Fibre.
Click here to find out more >
Does anyone know if BTO are renaming our exchange, or even if we are being moved to another one?

The BT Broadband Availability Checker still says the following:
Telephone Number 0208####### on Exchange ILFORD CENTRAL is served by Cabinet 24
So one site is wrong.
And there is no way to even report this issue to BTO on their site.

Its not just our postcode or phone number its all the postcodes and cabinets that go through Ilford Central (LNILC) that are all saying this.

So can anyone that have any contact with BTO report this to them.

Thanks
Paul
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-Jan-15 03:45:45
Print Post

Re: Openrach Where and When, Incorrect Exchange reported

You mean it is reporting the Wrong Exchange Name?

There is a Roding (LNROD) exchange that has no BB at all.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Sun 25-Jan-15 05:45:07
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
You mean it is reporting the Wrong Exchange Name?
Yes, its displaying the wrong name for my exchange.
I am connected to Ilford Central (LNILC) and my Post Code is E12 5AX the upper part of my road has FTTP where as the lower doesn't, this is probably down to BTO needed to complete the BDUK work first, so hopefully they will come back once all the BDUK work has been done where we already have all the Fibre Manifold hardware already installed.

Also when we enter our address, postcode or phone number on BT's DSL Checker site it says Ilford Central Cabinet 24.

There is a Roding (LNROD) exchange that has no BB at all.
Yeah I did a search for that exchange the other week, but that's not my exchange.

Type the Post Code above into BTO's Where and when page and it choose any address and it says Exchange name Roding, however points to the location of Ilford Central on the map, so obviously their database is incorrect.
Now if you enter that same postcode on BT's DSL Checker you will see it says Ilford Central which is correct.

Our Road uses E12 5AX and E12 5AY and uses PCP Cabinets 24 (lower part of road and lower side roads) and 39 (upper part of road and upper side roads) I have checked several addresses on those two cabinets along with addresses for several other PCP Cabinets that are connected to the Ilford Central Exchange and they all say "Roding" on the BTO Where and when page, where as BT's DSL Checker it says they are all are connected to Ilford Central.

So its incorrect on the BTO Where and when database, but where I cannot inform them that, this information will never be corrected frown

BTO Where and when Screenshot

Thanks

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 25-Jan-15 06:00:20)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-Jan-15 14:09:50
Print Post

Re: Openreach Where and When, Incorrect Exchange reported

You never got my point! It's reporting the wrong Exchange, not the wrong Name. It would only be the wrong Name if it reported it as something like 'Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea'.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Sun 25-Jan-15 14:15:30
Print Post

It looks like an incorrect name more than anything as the address is correct for Ilford Central on the map.
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Sun 25-Jan-15 14:17:06
Print Post

Re: Openreach Where and When, Incorrect Exchange reported

You never got my point! It's reporting the wrong Exchange, not the wrong Name. It would only be the wrong Name if it reported it as something like 'Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea'.
I got what you was saying due to its location on the map is correct (i.e. the BT Building in Ilford), just the name of the exchange was wrong.

I think when BTO updated the database they may of entered the wrong name or something.

Thanks
Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Sun 25-Jan-15 14:17:53
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
It looks like an incorrect name more than anything as the address is correct for Ilford Central on the map.
Thank you, I even doubled checked just now tongue

Thanks
Paul
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Sun 25-Jan-15 18:34:57
Print Post

Paul

You are correct about the name BUT it shouldn't matter. Ilford Central is the exchange all the customers are connected to. Roding is the exchange Name . for the switches that route the telephone calls. They are all in the same exchange area but some may be in a different building. (There is a second building in the same area).

Someone in Openreach has picked the wrong name and added it to a database somewhere.
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Mon 26-Jan-15 08:54:11
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Hello kitcat

In reply to a post by kitcat:
You are correct about the name BUT it shouldn't matter. Ilford Central is the exchange all the customers are connected to. Roding is the exchange Name . for the switches that route the telephone calls.
Ilford Central is our exchange name and roding is not.
The name change only happened a couple of months ago when they updated their Where and when page, before then it has always said Ilford Exchange as our exchange name.
As for the Roding Exchnage read below.

They are all in the same exchange area but some may be in a different building. (There is a second building in the same area).
The Roding Exchange is a completely different exchange from Ilford Central.
Do a lookup of both of the exchanges and you will see that they are about 26 miles apart from each other.

Someone in Openreach has picked the wrong name and added it to a database somewhere.
Agreed.

Thanks

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to