General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Jan-15 21:21:22
Print Post

HG612/Fritz7390.

[link to this post]

Still having problems with this crud copper. I have a Sync of 62.5 (its been up and down since we went live) but BT Speedtest shows a different picture.
Download speed achieved during the test was - 5.27 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50.28 Mbps-62.85 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 62.85 Mbps
A couple of days ago the connection was buzzing along happily in the mid-high 50's not amazing but ok, right now I am seeing ludicrously slow speeds and the unexplained resyncs are still there. Ive heard from my ISP about the ludicrous SFI regime that operates now where apparently a successful PQT is enough for an SFI charge even if there is an underlying but intermittent fault (as there has been on this line for many years) that Openreach cant/wont bother to look too deeply for, so before I get an SFI booked I want to be sure that they cant find fault with my kit.

One of the issues here for BT would be the Fritz which is currently running the connection, and handing out IP addresses including to the Bridge router in the bedroom. I have the HG612 working now, so I want to put that in front of the Fritz and just use the Fritz as a router. but try as I might I cant get throughput from the Fritz to the HG612.

So I could do with some help, someone to walk my though the settings on the Fritz (the HG appears to be totally locked)

The only part of the circuit that hasn't changed no ware the drop-wire and the copper pair back top PCP29. The issue has to be in that section

Can anyone shed some light on ther set up for me?

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - a lot less red these days
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Tue 06-Jan-15 22:05:01
Print Post

Re: HG612/Fritz7390.

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Do either of these help

http://en.avm.de/nc/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/k...

http://en.avm.de/nc/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/k...

Ian

Edited by ian007jen (Tue 06-Jan-15 22:09:58)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 06-Jan-15 22:05:23
Print Post

It's mentioned at the start of this page, with the detail further down. In fact the link in the contents list at the top goes to it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Jan-15 23:13:20
Print Post

You need to update that signature - "Access to badphorm.co.uk has been suspended."

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Jan-15 23:14:00
Print Post

Thanks both!

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Thanks guys.

The Link RobertoS found is for the older GUI, The AVM page did the trick, I'm off this week with flu which is why I have time to play with this ... its a shame I don't have the ability to think and see the obvious lol. It was just one detail I was overlooking repeatedly

Now running on the HG612 via the Fritz, I will see how the speeds are tomorrow. right now I'm getting a hot toddy and headed to bed.

VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Jan-15 23:17:44
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

ok link removed... I might even dig up a new sig later this week

VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Jan-15 10:23:29
Print Post

Re: HG612 oh dear ........

I thought things were getting a little slow. both the BTW and Thinkbroadband speedtests suggest my speed has dropped from the mid 60's down to between 9 and 16 Mbps.

Am I right in thinking that the HG612 is locked and that the stats are inaccessible? I guess I will have to reconfigure the Fritz and run that to see what is happening on my line.

I wonder if Openjoke will ever accept that there is an underlying issue with this line and always has been with Broadband.. A requirement for aline to be retuning a decent service given its length is an area OFCOM should be addressing when they start meddling with Broadband T&C, rather than allowing Openjoke to have this on going "it mostly works what else do you want?" attitude.

VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sun 18-Jan-15 10:40:56
Print Post

If you search this forum or the Kitz site you will find lots of references on how to unlock the HG612 to get stats.
This is a very easy and low risk process.

Just one reference is http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm but best do your own search.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 18-Jan-15 12:16:06
Print Post

You can find your sync easily enough. Run the BT Wholesale Performance Test and go to Further Diagnostics. The downstream IP Profile x 1.033 (on FTTC) gives your sync speed within a few Mbps. This is not applicable to the upstream.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
  Print Thread

Jump to