General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Fri 09-Jan-15 11:30:47
Print Post

Fibre rollout Status of Ilford Central Exchange (LNILC) ?

[link to this post]

Hello All

Just a question about the Ilford Central Exchange fibre rollout...
Have they stopped installing fibre for this exchange, if so anyone know why?
I know installs are normally done quarterly but I did some checks 14th August 2014 to update my information and again this week and I have noticed that no more installs have happened since at least August 2014.

The information for (09 Jan 2015) I have is as follows:
Total: 23,821
No BB: 88 (0.37%)
FTTP: 5,852 (24.56%)
FTTC: 5,198 (21.82%)
ADSLx: 12,683 (53.24%)
I have noticed that some of the FTTC and FTTP installs are partially completed and have been like that for a while now, but the ones that haven't been installed as yet are / was down for FTTP.

I have checked on Openreach's Where and When section and it says for all remain installs "Status: Under Review" even though some postcodes are nearly completed.
Also the Where and When section is displaying the wrong name for our exchange.

Any information would be great.

Thanks
Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Jan-15 12:33:15
Print Post

Re: Fibre rollout Status of Ilford Central Exchange (LNILC)

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

It is a London Borough and no BDUK funding, London as a whole beat the 90% superfast target and Redbridge Borough is very close to meeting that in its own right.

As such it is still a commercial area and with the contractual penalties of missing a BDUK project target the focus will be on those contracts.

Reality is that there is no obligation on Openreach to provide more fibre in your area and as yet London Mayor has not done a lot, with most of the focus on City of London.

In short no advance on the under review at this time.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Fri 09-Jan-15 12:53:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

By the way we are in Newham not Redbridge (unless I read that wrong), i.e. Postcode E12.

It kind of sucks really, even though back in 2011 we was part of the 66% Commercial rollout where half of our road had their FTTP completed and the OR Engineers was in mid-install of the fibre who told me that it would be completed over the next few weeks when they will be blowing in the fibre, and then they was called away and was never seen again and all we have our end is all the fibre manifold stuff in the pit and up the pole but no fibre.

Yeah I also read that where we are part of Greater London we won't be getting the BDUK Funding which also sucks.

So no BDUK funding and no more fibre rollouts for our exchange, hmm, lets hope VM get planning permission from Newham Council, if BTO don't do any more installs for our exchange they will be loosing our on over 12.5K homes.

Thanks
Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Jan-15 12:58:04
Print Post

Ilford Central crosses into two boroughs. Newham runs with similar numbers overall.

While no firm plans now, as UK wide targets increase to 95% and higher then your chances increase of seeing more work, for now its ensure the Mayor and Borough have pressure kept on them.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Fri 09-Jan-15 14:10:24
Print Post

Hello Andrew

Once again thanks for your reply, most appreciated.

Yeah I was aware of the small area of Redbridge that our exchange supports in Ilford.

Lets hope we are in that next 5%, won't hold my breath though, any news when that next 5% rollout will start or has it already started?
Knowing our luck it will be in 2020 LOL.

But it might be why the Where and When page on the Openreach site is now saying "Under Review" for all the remaining homes on our exchange shown below:
Exchange name: Roding

We're in your area but we're still assessing whether or not we can upgrade your cabinet. This means you can't order Superfast Fibre.
Click here to find out more >
Ignore the Exchange name due to its wrong and I have no clue who to report this to, it says the same for my full address as well as with both of our phone numbers so their database is either wrong or they are changing the exchange name.

If you enter postcode: E12 5AX and any door number lower than 44 and E12 5AY and door number lower than 43 you will get "Under Review" and above those numbers and you will get the following:
Exchange name: Roding

Great news. Superfast Fibre is in your area and your cabinet is enabled and accepting orders. Contact your preferred communications provider for your home or business to order.
Once again it reports our Exchange name incorrectly, and also what cabinet, its FTTP LOL.

And to and salt on the wound 4 doors from me has FTTP and has since about 2011-2012 so you can see why we are all annoyed.

We use to be told the following before, but that could of been in the last beta version of the page:
Superfast Fibre is in your area but we can't tell by your postcode/number if you can get it right now. Please contact your communications provider, who can check using your phone number.
But yeah, I will get back in touch with my local MP Stephen Timms and hope he puts some pressure on them and also on our council for planning permission etc, he got BT to relook at our current issue with our ADSL2+ connection which is better than it was but still drops speed connection when it rains, so I guess its still work in progress.

Once again thanks.
Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Jan-15 14:32:44
Print Post

95% in London - no idea, some extra commercial money was announced by BT but exact locations are unknown.

The issue for you is that there is lots of the UK worse off and thus getting more attention. Virgin has talked of 100,000 extra homes in East London, but again no precise information on where.

For areas with 95% funding this summer is the start point with an end in 2017, then after 2017 the 95 to 98% and further areas. So its a long slog.

Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Fri 09-Jan-15 15:10:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
95% in London - no idea, some extra commercial money was announced by BT but exact locations are unknown.
I think they don't make that info public so that they can install it in areas and if it doesn't work out they are not committed continue that install, like they seem to of done with us, it makes sense, just not nice for the people that are told they are getting it and even see them installing stuff to then just stop and told your not down for fibre and not part of the 66% Commercial rollout when we was back in 2011.

The issue for you is that there is lots of the UK worse off and thus getting more attention. Virgin has talked of 100,000 extra homes in East London, but again no precise information on where.
Well not too sure if Openreach have worked on the homes that have the lowest speeds due to I have seen home a lot closer to the exchange get fibre first leaving people like us and other people worse off than us, I have said in an other post that we are on the outer edges of our exchanges coverage, and any further and we would be with another exchange.

As for Virgin Media, I filled in their form online where I got a phone call from them last month stating they are installing Fibre in the E12 area, which (http://roadworks.org) also shows, and that in about 4 months they will "possibly" be doing my road (not yet confirmed), however I just phoned their sales team about this and they had no info and was told to email cablemystreet@virginmedia.co.uk due to they would have this information, so after this post I will do just that and then cross fingers.

For areas with 95% funding this summer is the start point with an end in 2017, then after 2017 the 95 to 98% and further areas. So its a long slog.
Well if Virgin Media falls though, then we would just have to wait another 2 years and hope to be part of that 95% and if not then another year or two for the 98% frown

Once again thanks.
Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Fri 09-Jan-15 17:14:29)

Print Thread

Jump to