General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobbertandsammy
(newbie) Tue 13-Jan-15 14:37:03
Print Post

Cambusnethan exchange Cab 38

[link to this post]

Hello all, was wondering if anyone could help. I have had a look at the digital Scotland superfast site and found some generic info and have even had a more incomprehensible email form them regarding our situation. Our exchange was enabled last year and all in my estate up to 4 doors down from me can now benefit from fibre. The remaining houses connected to cabinet 38 are stuck with about 4mb. Does anyone know of a site where I can find out if (and hopefully when) the cabinet will be upgraded?

Postcode is ML29BS

Thanks for any help.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Jan-15 15:54:39
Print Post

Re: Cambusnethan exchange Cab 38

[re: bobbertandsammy] [link to this post]

No indication on when you will be done, and no requirement for it to be done either, since with a 85% access to fibre by end of 2015 and 95% with superfast speeds for 2017 - 2018 you might be missed out, or not upgraded for two to three years.

The Scottish project are the people driving who and when, in conjunction with BT.

In your case suggest that the other cabinet probably had a lot more lines connected to it, and thus met the current rounds criteria, where as yours at the planning stage may not have had many homes connected to it. i.e. its a numbers game, get the maximum number connected for the minimum money.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gregormac
(learned) Tue 13-Jan-15 16:19:47
Print Post

According to the Openreach October datasets, cab P38 is planned for Phase BDUK Scot Government 14a .

AFAIK we are presently in Phase 12A, and Phase 15 is 2017, so your looking at minimum sometime in 2016, but possibly 2017

8Mb ADSL Max
waiting for 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 11:12:31
Print Post

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

Thanks all for the help, thought it would be bad news. Hopefully be moved before this happens now.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Jan-15 16:36:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The Scottish project are the people driving who and when, in conjunction with BT.

Are they, or did they do what most authorities did and give the where and when to BT to maximise coverage?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 23-Jan-15 17:36:51
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Very much a mixed bag, some will have given their original guidance and left BT to their devices.

In the Scottish example I am sure BT would rather have not done any of the undersea fibre stuff and concentrate on the mainland exchanges smile

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Thu 14-May-15 09:59:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well we have temporary fencing next to the cabinet and road works scheduled for tomorrow in the street by openreach, fingers crossed its the cabinet getting upgraded
(newbie) Fri 05-Jun-15 12:07:31
Print Post

Is there anywhere to check and see when this cab is due to be enabled for fibre?
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 05-Jun-15 12:51:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by bobbertandsammy:
Is there anywhere to check and see when this cab is due to be enabled for fibre?
Wouldn't know, is this your cabinet location?
Sadly Google Maps hasn't been back in that area since 2008 so all I can see is an old small cabinet.

Seems when you check on the BT DSL Checker for postcode ML2 9BS their is a DSLAM there shown here.

Paul
(newbie) Mon 08-Jun-15 14:18:24
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Well the cabinet has had the openreach guys in tents working on it and the old one now so hopefully not too long to wait now.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to