General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Jan-15 01:51:18
Print Post

SVLANs Status

[link to this post]

Is there any link I can check my exchange SVLANs to see if it still GREEN or RED? As Plusnet isp's will not given this information out to public.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Jan-15 19:19:25
Print Post

Re: SVLANs Status

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Nope.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-Jan-15 01:51:41
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

max the plusnet congestion isnt due to SVLAN's, they have been keen to let people think that but its something else.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Mon 19-Jan-15 08:55:01
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

They have not led anyone on to believe anything as they have only stated the truth.

There has been a significant increase in SVLANs crossing the amber/red thresholds since XMAS. This has led to degraded performance in a number of places across the UK, but particularly in the South West.
Standard User NBK
(experienced) Mon 19-Jan-15 10:37:22
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In my experience SVLAN maintenence on the exchange improved things muchly.
I went through sunday entirely without much of a slowdown...
But that might be because of the gateway I'm on, I have seen some perform worse than others...
But there was definitely SVLAN congestion as my exchange had 2 days of maintenence in the week that did indeed improve things at peak times.

Currently Plusnet "80/20" FTTC...Not overly impressed at the moment :|
Standard User s_h
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jan-15 11:29:48
Print Post

[re: NBK] [link to this post]

Same here in late November last year. To quote from the Plusnet fault report in respect of work by BTW at the exchange:
Current Action - 550 customers are being moved tonight onto 2 new VLANís. This should resolve the issue.
That was on a Tuesday and by the Friday, the steep drop in evening speeds had been resolved on this connection, and has not recurred since.
Standard User NBK
(experienced) Mon 19-Jan-15 11:31:11
Print Post

[re: s_h] [link to this post]

I'm surprised you got anything off Plusnets reports...to find out about exchange maintenence and figure out why my broadband dropped for an hour I had to look at Zen status wink

Currently Plusnet "80/20" FTTC...Not overly impressed at the moment :|
Standard User s_h
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jan-15 11:36:40
Print Post

By fault report, I meant the one for my own connection - the ticket I raised.
This thread: Evening speed drops | Community Site
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Jan-15 13:47:45
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
They have not led anyone on to believe anything as they have only stated the truth.

There has been a significant increase in SVLANs crossing the amber/red thresholds since XMAS. This has led to degraded performance in a number of places across the UK, but particularly in the South West.

Following on from this the Wholesale network has a few other choke points that can and are being problematic. My own was a capacity problem on the metro net it seems.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Mon 19-Jan-15 13:55:08)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 19-Jan-15 17:44:06
Print Post

Basic diagnosis is if hopping fixes the problem its not SVLAN related.

Incidently I have found if on a good gateway it will usually stay good now, but I bet if you do some hopping you will find gateways with really bad single threaded throughput.

The fact that you and me* had confirmed SVLAN issues has led to misinformation suggesting thats the cause for everyone.

Andy certianly isnt helping matters, even tho its confirmed my issue (and others) isnt SVLAN related he keeps babbling on about SVLAN notices.

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 19-Jan-15 17:45:47)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to