General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 20-Jan-15 15:37:54
Print Post

Re: SVLANs Status

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

When you told me to back off because of plusnet's pricing.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Tue 20-Jan-15 15:40:30
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

And where have I commented about Plusnet's financial position?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 20-Jan-15 15:47:08
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

The problems may not be affecting everyone true, but some things to consider.

We have no idea how many are complaining via plusnet's tech support, using a forum to judge the % of userbase affected is a poor way as I suspect under 1% of their userbase is only registered on the forum in the first place.

Also the nature of the problems because there is no packetloss will not be immediately noticeable for many usage patterns, e.g. my web browsing doesnt feel slower.

Does this make it right that because people may not notice, it means its as good as not having the problem in the first place? Should we accept falling standards?

The likes of aaisp do charge more, but also aaisp dont have voice revenues subsidising their broadband subs.

Also finally to add, if it is part of BTw's network (not SVLAN tho), the speeds reported do fall below the point where BTw consider it a fault.

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 20-Jan-15 15:58:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 20-Jan-15 15:47:39
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

You know where, on plusnets forum in the capacity thread.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Tue 20-Jan-15 15:51:20
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The only time I've ever commented on Plusnet's financial position is from their accounts filed at Companies House.
Standard User RB291
(regular) Sun 10-May-15 21:57:06
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Is there any link I can check my exchange SVLANs to see if it still GREEN or RED?

You could check http://aastatus.net/posts.cgi?itype=broadband to see if A&A have noted any issue.

They are currently reporting a congestion issue on Waterlooville and Horndean exchanges which I seem to also be experiencing.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-May-15 14:14:03
Print Post

[re: RB291] [link to this post]

I believe A&A receive the same SVLAN report that other providers do and only when they see a service impact do they actually place things on the service status page, and even then it requires multiple customers to be impacted.

There is no way for a customer to check how much capacity is free on a BTWholesale SVLAN just as there's no way to check how much capacity is free on an LLU operator's backhaul or Virgin Media's cable network - be you a business or residential user.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to