General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spenny
(learned) Mon 19-Jan-15 11:32:22
Print Post

ADSL to FTTC upgrade issues on TalkTalk

[link to this post]

Hi,

I upgraded from ADSL to Fibre (FTTC) last Wednesday via Talk Talk. Ever since I have no connection. I can see the router syncing at the correct speeds with the exchange but that's it!!

OpenReach engineer visit today and reported all good and confirmed sync was ok.

I can't get Talk Talk to confirm the configuration settings that should be used on the VDSL connection. Can anyone confirm what these *should* be? i.e. PPP etc..

Currently there are no credentials for my account or password defined. I was told the configuration was automatically applied when the line changed over. I don't see any CHAPS or other authentication errors reported from the HG635 router.

Is the authentication into TalkTalk handled at a hardware level so I don't need any settings changed?

Currently waiting for Talk Talk engineer to confirm settings...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Jan-15 11:56:59
Print Post

Re: ADSL to FTTC upgrade issues on TalkTalk

[re: Spenny] [link to this post]

Nothing needs playing with if you are using the supplied TalkTalk fibre hardware

Most likely a misconfiguration on the network/exchange side rather than your end.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User stuartfletcheruk
(newbie) Mon 19-Jan-15 12:26:37
Print Post

I did the same upgrade last week with TalkTalk and the modem just worked

I was sent a new modem with the correct configuration. Do not use the old one

For info only:

Key settings for TalkTalk fibre are to set VLAN to 101 and MTU to 1492

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spenny
(learned) Mon 19-Jan-15 15:31:46
Print Post

[re: stuartfletcheruk] [link to this post]

My old modem is a Netgear DGN2000 so not compatible with VDSL anyway!!!

There's a config issue c0ck up somewhere...it's just a matter of getting the right persons attention at Talk Talk!!!
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Jan-15 16:40:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spenny:
I can't get Talk Talk to confirm the configuration settings that should be used on the VDSL connection. Can anyone confirm what these *should* be? i.e. PPP etc..

Currently there are no credentials for my account or password defined. I was told the configuration was automatically applied when the line changed over. I don't see any CHAPS or other authentication errors reported from the HG635 router.

Is the authentication into TalkTalk handled at a hardware level so I don't need any settings changed?

The connection settings for TalkTalk fibre routers are simply DHCP, I'm using my own router with a standard HG612 modem. You don't get a username/password, as I understand it your line ID is used transparently.
Standard User stuartfletcheruk
(newbie) Tue 20-Jan-15 07:08:20
Print Post

If you are able to access the internet via a different route such as by phone

Try posting your query on the TalkTalk Community forums. The forums are heavily monitored by competent support staff Monday to Friday
Standard User Spenny
(learned) Tue 20-Jan-15 12:35:22
Print Post

[re: stuartfletcheruk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuartfletcheruk:
If you are able to access the internet via a different route such as by phone

Try posting your query on the TalkTalk Community forums. The forums are heavily monitored by competent support staff Monday to Friday

Thanks, yes I have done that.

I had a call from a TT engineer last night stating that the Open Reach engineer hadn't done all the diagnostic checks he was supposed to have done!!! Another Open Reach visit today!!
  Print Thread

Jump to