General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Tue 20-Jan-15 19:01:01
Print Post

mouselike.org results

[link to this post]

Hi all,
could someone clarify something for me please.

When I check my phone number on the Phone to PCP checker I get the following result which shows it being an EO line, which is correct.

Exchange and PCP: Talybont P
Possible To Order?: eoline
PCP Status:
Exchange Status: comingsoon

When I check the postcode on the Postcode to PCP checker I get the following

Post Code: SY245??
PCP: {WNTAL}{P3}
Exchange: TALYBONT
Forecast Date: 31/03/2015

Does the P3 after the exchange code mean there's going to be a new FTTC cab for the lines?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Jan-15 19:47:39
Print Post

Re: mouselike.org results

[re: mrijones] [link to this post]

Yes looks like some EO lines are moving to a new cabinet P3 to get FTTC, and some others are down to possibly get FTTP. The FTTC usually arrives first as easier and quicker to roll-out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Tue 20-Jan-15 20:06:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ta, I've been looking on roadworks.org and there's nothing about any works for a new cab, maybe (hopefully) it'll all be done off road in the grounds of the exchange, not much room though.

exchange on streetview

I guess it's most likely the smaller village a couple of miles from the exchange which'll get FTTP, that's what's happening on the exchange where my parents live.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Jan-15 20:21:03
Print Post

Cab might make it onto the grass in front of the shed/exchange and probably nice power already to the shed, so might need very little in terms of road works.

A cab can go from being nothing there, to being stood in a day, its the running of the fibre from the other larger exchange that may be the lengthy job

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Tue 20-Jan-15 20:38:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks again,

A lot of ducts have been cleared and black and yellow tubing has been put in over the last few months.
Bow Street which is the next closet village and Aberystwyth the nearby town are both live and I'm guessing the fibre headend will be at one of those two.

The reason for the roadworks.org comment was that almost every other exchange in the area has some mention of works nearby, except this one wink

Cheers
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Wed 04-Mar-15 19:22:53
Print Post

Well, the reason for the lack of anything on roadworks.org became clear today, Superfast Cymru have announced that the dates have slipped and work will begin in June.
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Sun 01-Nov-15 19:36:07
Print Post

Good news at last.

After being delayed from June 2015 to Sepetmber to December I got notification via followthatpage.com that my EO line had moved to thew new cabinet 3.

Last week I had another notification giving my expected speeds, so the exchange, for ex-EO lines at least, is finally accepting orders, a few weeks earlier that the December 2015 date smile

yay.
  Print Thread

Jump to