General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User firewing
(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 20:56:37
Print Post

Letterston FTTP Rollout

[link to this post]

So I dug around on CodeLook regarding the fibre rollout for Letterston. Seems like cabinet P1 and a bunch of other areas are set for FTTP. While I'm not getting my hopes up and it might be a mistake entry, I may end up having to go with BT or being limited for choice at the end of the day if FTTP does happen.

We wanted to ditch EE for TalkTalk when the rollout completes, though they don't seem to be doing an FTTP service. And neither does EE, although as it goes right now, we'd better off on at least BT since the customer service on EE has been irritating for us.

Any recommendations?
Standard User astateoftrance
(experienced) Fri 23-Jan-15 21:13:05
Print Post

Re: Letterston FTTP Rollout

[re: firewing] [link to this post]

Sorry can't help with your question but what is CodeLook?
Standard User firewing
(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 21:17:05
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

This site here. I don't assume everything here is 100% accurate, though it has got me thinking about the situation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Storm_Force
(regular) Fri 23-Jan-15 21:28:29
Print Post

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but thanks for a lot for that link, Despite contacting Connecting Devon and Somerset several times to find out about exchange only lines in Hatherleigh and getting "its due to be surveyed" according this website cabinet P5 is planned which will be a new cabinet for the EO lines.

No date is showing yet but a least its something hopeful!

It does state Phase BDUK CDS 12b whatever that measn?

Edited by Storm_Force (Fri 23-Jan-15 21:32:08)

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Fri 23-Jan-15 21:45:44
Print Post

Looks like from Aug 2015. This date needs to be treated with caution though.

I take it you're in quite a rural location?
(experienced) Fri 23-Jan-15 21:52:07
Print Post

Thanks for that site, never heard of it. It has my cabinet area down as FTTP. Our village has had a load of new poles installed in the last week which is what has started me wondering if we will be getting FTTP. Currently the telephone lines are on the electricity poles. Have you had anything similar going on ?
Standard User firewing
(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 22:23:50
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

@Andy
Quite rural. Currently living 5km from the exchange and speeds don't generally get higher than 1mbps.

I won't take any dates for granted yet, since these things can change all the time.
Standard User firewing
(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 22:28:56
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Nothing yet, rollout doesn't start until March according to Superfast Cymru. I have noticed roadworks a couple weeks back where Openreach was installing a poly duct along Station Road in Letterston. Seems to be another duct being installed next week. They might just be preparing the area or so it seems.
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Fri 23-Jan-15 22:30:57
Print Post

Well.... the bt rolout pdf's http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-... have it down for this year....and superfast(superfarce) cyrmru have roll-out starting in March http://www.superfast-cymru.com/where-and-when

Ian
(experienced) Fri 23-Jan-15 22:46:56
Print Post

Ok, I am in Pembs also. I want FTTP for the speed and future proofing but on the other hand I don't like the fact that there is so little choice of ISP's at the moment. I don't really understand why all ISP's don't offer a 40/10 or 80/20 service on FTTP,
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to