General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Tue 27-Jan-15 10:26:17
Print Post

ADSLChecker says Cabinet, BT Say Exchange Only....

[link to this post]

So, after seeing lots of Openreach vans around recently, I decided to check on the status of fibre availability of my building. To my surprise it was available, and I decided to place an order with Plusnet.

Fast forward a week and Plusnet have had the order cancelled several times, with the last time getting a reason back that my line is EO.

Checking my full address on the ADSL Checker shows I'm connected to a cabinet that's just 10 meters away from my block of flats. I cannot check the phone number because it's currently with Sky.

FWIW, the checker didn't used to say a cabinet number - is it possible BT have moved the building to the PCP to enable FTTC?

Where do I go from here? Which one is more likely to be wrong?

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU > WightWireless > Plusnet FTTC 73/17

Edited by mikehiow (Tue 27-Jan-15 10:31:28)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Jan-15 10:58:43
Print Post

Re: ADSLChecker says Cabinet, BT Say Exchange Only....

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

Need a cabinet number and exchange name to be able to say much more that is useful.

EO work usually involves connecting people to a brand new cabinet, but some re-arrangement of lines to existing cabinets is not unheard of.

Some providers operate on copies of the databases, so can be a few days behind in updating which can explain one system saying yes and another saying no.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:07:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

Cab 24
Ex LNSTF

As I say, There has been a big OR presence around cab 24 for weeks, with some digging up of the pavement down the road, too.

The FTTC cabinet doesn't look particularly new, either, so I'm not sure that the associated work has been to do with FTTC go live.

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU > WightWireless > Plusnet FTTC 73/17

Edited by mikehiow (Tue 27-Jan-15 11:09:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:23:28
Print Post

Live since early 2013.

If I was a betting man would suggest your postcode is E15 2PG?

This looks to be an old EO postcode, that has been moved to cabinet 24 recently, so pester ISP again with details of what https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html says for your exact address. If you get nowhere then email me with full address details to Andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will verify with Openreach that the checkers are correct.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:30:34
Print Post

Close, but I believe they would be subject to the same treatment as mine - several blocks in a development, each having it's own postcode.

So it's as I suspected then. I've already suggested the same to the ISP, so hopefully they listen.

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 29-Jan-15 14:29:03
Print Post

To follow on from this, Plusnet have given up.

They attempted to place an order on a new line, which failed and then told me there is no escalation process to pursue the matter any further.

How do I progress with this? Is there someone/A department at BTOR that I can speak to, to clarify the situation?

Presumably, someone knows something about the work, and something must have happened to have the DSL checker go from saying no cabinet, to having a cabinet.

Standard User gregormac
(learned) Thu 29-Jan-15 16:00:23
Print Post

as Andrew said above
"If you get nowhere then email me with full address details to Andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will verify with Openreach that the checkers are correct."

This iis the best route as Andrew has contacts within OR

8Mb ADSL Max
waiting for 80/20
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Jan-15 16:56:34
Print Post

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

That process is underway, and yes 50+ flats are on a PCP, number 24. Some further checking underway on the specific address in case something odd gone on.

My money is on this being a retail level issue, where the number of changes taking place are catching out mirrored or out of date databases.

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:24:59
Print Post

Thanks Andrew, I really appreciate your help.

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 02-Feb-15 10:27:21
Print Post

Another thing I have noticed is a significant reduction in my ADSL speed.

I've no idea if it's related, but I've dropped from 11-12mbps sync to just 8.5mbps sync.

Not conclusion proof, I know, but perhaps an indication.

Hopefully Andrew comes up with something - this connection is killing me blush

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to