General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:41:41
Print Post

BT Checker worse not better….

[link to this post]

I've been lurking for a while on this forum and gained lots of great advice from other people - now I wanted to ask something about my exchange but first rant at how the "new" Openreach checker seems much worse than before mainly down to no more download PDFs/XLS for exchanges that are Coming Soon or anything other than accepting orders.

I'm on Lamberhurst exchange connected to Cab 3 and have been on the "Coming Soon" status for nearly 8 months now - last time the PDF was available it was Dec '14.

The sister box was installed back in September and RoadWorks.org showed planned work by BT in early November (but no one ever turned up that week).

Just wondering if anyone in know might know a little more? It's also frustrating that the online tools says it can take up to 2 weeks after go-live that it'll show - bit of a shame really as I'd like to order the day it's available (but won't be able to find out).

FTTP would be a dream but doubt I'll have the cash for the install fee (not sure if you get a group of neighbours together to share such a cost would work).
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Tue 27-Jan-15 14:29:24
Print Post

Re: BT Checker worse not better….

[re: SCollins] [link to this post]

I've just noticed you can still access the PDFs here:

Coming Soon Exchanges [PDF]
Future Exchanges [PDF]

Does anyone know if these are still being updated even though they are not visibly publicised anymore? I'm still listed in Coming Soon as Dec '14 which obviously has passed.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Tue 27-Jan-15 14:41:42
Print Post

Those are well out of date. My exchange (Tenby) is down as December 2014 when it has slipped to March 2015.

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Tue 27-Jan-15 14:42:17
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

How did you find out it's now slipped to March?
(experienced) Tue 27-Jan-15 14:43:33
Print Post

I'm in Wales so used the Superfast Wales website.

Speedtest
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Tue 27-Jan-15 17:32:07
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

has slipped to March 2015

Just checked mine (swrso) slipped from Sep 15 to March 16 along with Llawhaden and Puncheston, superfarce don't publish details when exchanges enablement dates slip.

Ian

Edited by ian007jen (Tue 27-Jan-15 17:34:57)

(experienced) Tue 27-Jan-15 20:43:28
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

I know what you mean Ian - they are all too good at publicising things on Facebook/Twitter when cabs on an exchange go live but the people affected when an rfs date is put back are always the last to know!

A nice idea would be to take people's email addresses and give them a quarterly update on exactly where they are up to on their exchanges. If nothing has changed since the last email then so be it but at least people will know they haven't been forgotten.

I'm just hoping that mine (SWTB (Tenby)) is still on time after being put back to March 2015. Considering all the Openreach activity in town at the moment with roads and pavements etc dug up, I'm quietly confident but time will tell wink

Speedtest
Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Tue 27-Jan-15 21:04:10
Print Post

It just says March 2015 at the moment (it's part of Kent BDUK Phase 13a).

Have you tried Kent council http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/broadband for an update?

They removed the PDFs because dates kept slipping etc. and they just became inaccurate.

Edited by AndyHCZ (Tue 27-Jan-15 21:05:16)

Print Thread

Jump to