General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Thu 29-Jan-15 16:36:50
Print Post

i hate BT........

[link to this post]

hi ppl, ever since i could get fibre i was with sky on there unlimited package.......
39999 up 10000 down, that was great i thought......anyways BT offered me a great deal last feb on their infinity 2 package. promised 61-80 down and 20 up......well never had that, got 59/19.5 till a few weeks ago....my speed suddenly dropped 10 meg and every day it resynced slower and slower till i had to call BT, i was now getting 39/7.....got a new Hub next day....back up to 56/14 straight away......for 5hrs.....then i lost bt for 28hrs, when it did come back on i had horrendous lag with online gaming and again the hub would resync itself, another call to BT and an engineer visit...checked all wiring everything great, he went onto his laptop.....10 mins later told me the dlm had activated again and it was rest and i now had 63.5/19.8. brilliant....for a week, when my wifi stopped completely, would not work with laptop phone or tablet.....resetting it helped for an hour then boom back to square one....another call to BT and another hub (now on my 5th hub 5) and my speed is sti not back to where it should be.......they cant find anything wrong on the line......what can i do? hub has resynced every day and is currently 53/16

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 29-Jan-15 16:51:54
Print Post

Re: i hate BT........

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

Consider dumping the HH5 for an Openreach VDSL2 modem and a router of your own choice.

The HH5 gives people more problems than the less exciting but apparently very dependable Sky Hubs.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(regular) Thu 29-Jan-15 16:56:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

im sure i still have that openreach modem from my sky fibre installation......gave my sky hub away tho....would i need to have a vdsl router?

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:03:02
Print Post

Plug it into the phone and into the red socket on the HH5, it will just work and should be better.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
(regular) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:05:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

so just so i get this right.......from fibre socket to modem into red on hh5?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:07:30
Print Post

Yes, fibre socket to DSL on the modem, modem LAN1 to red WAN on the HH5.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Thu 29-Jan-15 17:08:01)

(regular) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:08:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

cool, will sort this out and give it a try......thankyou...

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:09:00
Print Post

Good luck wink

(regular) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:16:48
Print Post

ok ive done that.....its working....but i cant access speed from router stats?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 29-Jan-15 17:18:18
Print Post

No, the modem has the stats and you're not using the modem on the HH5. The OR modem may be unlocked to get the stats...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to