General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ronshepherd
(newbie) Tue 03-Feb-15 15:23:08
Print Post

BT Infinity 2 minimum upload speed

[link to this post]

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in a search. I wondered if there was a minimum upload speed below which BT will accept it as a fault? I have BT Infinity 2 and, for over a year leading up to last November, I was happy with 36Mb download and 6Mb upload speeds. then I had a series of dropouts (BT said over 60 in a couple of days) and then random dropouts at least twice a day until the BT Openreach engineer investigated. He found a loose connection in the cabinet and I was left with a much slower download and upload speed. A second engineer attended three weeks later and just did something over the phone (i.e. found nothing wrong in the cabinet or my telephone line) and my download speed increased dramatically. The only trouble is my upload speed is stuck at only 0.5MB and sometimes is even lower (0.02Mb on one occasion). I'm not happy with this and wondered if there is a minimum below which I am entitled to complain about? My IP profile is 36Mb down and 20Mb up (which is the same as it was before all the dropouts). Thanks in advance!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Feb-15 15:37:17
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity 2 minimum upload speed

[re: ronshepherd] [link to this post]

IP Profile is always 20 Mbps for Infinity 2.

NOTE: You could save money by downgrading to Infinity 1 which will give you the same connection speeds. Which seen as BT Consumer seem to do this as a migration, might actually resolve your issue and let the line train up all over again.

On the upload specifically - it is likely that they reset the DLM for downstream but did nothing for the upstream.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Feb-15 15:38:36
Print Post

[re: ronshepherd] [link to this post]

Can you run the speediest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com for us and paste the full results in your reply, thanks.

p.s. This isn't a BT Business account by any chance is it ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 03-Feb-15 15:54:39
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hi Zarjaz. No, it isn't a business account.
This is what I have been getting every time, now, for weeks (after doing the "further tests") -

TEST RESULTS

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 35.43 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 0.5 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
(newbie) Fri 06-Feb-15 17:32:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks MrSaffron. I sent BT a text (to the number they last used to text me) suggesting they reset the DLM for the upstream and today it has been restored to 6Mb! I can only assume it was in response to my text as, apart from the automated text reply from them, they haven't contacted me.
  Print Thread

Jump to