General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cj2015
(newbie) Wed 04-Feb-15 23:29:43
Print Post

Neighbours can get FTTC but BT Checkersays I cant

[link to this post]

I currently have Virgin cable and was looking to move back to BT or Sky when Fibre available. it is now in my Cabinet and neighbours at bottom half of street are listed but not top half. Street is small cul de sac with 16 semi-detached houses, The 8 houses at top of street are showing Taking Orders but the 8 at bottom part of street show FTTC available and give speed estimates.
Sky shows it is available.
Is this simply the BT database updating is poorly done. All the other streets around using same cabinet (Cabinet 24 on G64 1BJ, G64 1BW, G64 1AB) are showing available, just seems to be the top of my street - nearest neighbour available is literally 10m between their incoming BT line and mine. Also the BT cabling access cover is literally at top of my drive.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Feb-15 23:31:40
Print Post

Re: Neighbours can get FTTC but BT Checkersays I cant

[re: cj2015] [link to this post]

What speeds are the others predicted

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cj2015
(newbie) Wed 04-Feb-15 23:59:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Up to 80 download / 20 upload

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Thu 05-Feb-15 07:53:12
Print Post

Are you sure you're not on an exchange only line?
Standard User cj2015
(newbie) Thu 05-Feb-15 08:13:51
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Pretty certain not - all checks always show connected to cabinet 24, exchange is 1.7km away, The checks do show orders being taken for address but not available, so checks with anyone like Plusnet say not available, Sky indicatesyes but not really trusting this if OR are inidicating not yet.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Feb-15 08:36:51
Print Post

If you are off of cab 24, at 1.7k away, you are not going to get 80/20. Summit's not right here.

Standard User cj2015
(newbie) Thu 05-Feb-15 08:46:35
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In BT wholesale checker put in postcode G64 1BJ and house number 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 you get this showing. Put in 9,11,12,14,15,16,17,18 you dont get FTTC.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 05-Feb-15 09:01:41
Print Post

Probably a database quirk, email Andrew@thinkbroadband.com i.e. me with the details and include your telephone number so that the bad line is easy to spot and will pass onto Openreach for checking/correction.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 05-Feb-15 09:09:02
Print Post

Any idea where the cabinet is? Is it one on the corner of Angus avenue? If so, that is around 200m by road - so 80 Mbps speeds are possible.

There is always t possibility of two cables from tne cabinet feeding your road, one of which does a large loop. Possible although maybe unlikely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User cj2015
(newbie) Thu 05-Feb-15 09:18:20
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Yes, I am pretty sure it is the cabinets at Angus Avenue/Westercleddens Road. There is also a small cabinet about size of suticase at bottom of street.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to