General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hotdogz
(member) Sat 07-Feb-15 13:41:34
Print Post

moving house to a new build

[link to this post]

end of feb im hopefully moving house to a new build. Only thing the address isnt on bt records so i cant get a idea on my speeds ect .

I have found 20 meters away there some houses and flats so i checked on the bt wholesale address checker and it says 80/20 fttc rangeA also it says fttp 330/30 little strange as 90% of the houses and flats are a oap home.

as they are all new builds under 6 months or so im guessing a new cabnet was put in and must be very close.

Any idea how long it takes for a address to go live with the post office ??
Also is there a such map to see were the cabnet is ?

cheer

Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:17:55
Print Post

Re: moving house to a new build

[re: hotdogz] [link to this post]

I am pretty certain my address went live with post office when they processed my redirection - which was about 2 weeks before I moved in (was nearly a further 9 months before some companies accepted it)

I moved into a large estate (when finished 1800 properties) - the builders hadn't done more than get telephone and ADSL - most people on estate are around 1 M (After a lot of pressure it looks like the estate will be getting fibre by April), So I'd find out from builder in writing exactly what provision there is for broadband.

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:47:40
Print Post

If it ends up as FTTP, (which the developer ought to know as he will have done the ducting), then I don't think the Post Office can handle that.

Or do you mean FTTPoD? That is only available in FTTC-enabled areas.

Do the Post Office do fibre at all? On a quick look I couldn't find any.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hotdogz
(member) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:50:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
If it ends up as FTTP, (which the developer ought to know as he will have done the ducting), then I don't think the Post Office can handle that.

Or do you mean FTTPoD? That is only available in FTTC-enabled areas.

Do the Post Office do fibre at all? On a quick look I couldn't find any.

Hi robertos on the bt wholesale it says FTTPoD . i dont know how to post the screenshot

Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:50:43
Print Post

the Post Office

They do letters smile smile
Standard User hotdogz
(member) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:53:19
Print Post

RobertoS i emailed u a screenshot with address ect at top

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Feb-15 16:36:48
Print Post

LOL smile

That went straight in the Junk folder and I've deleted it as there was no hotdog username here. But if it's just the BT Wholesale checker output there's no need to resend smile.

FTTPoD is a very expensive product you can get from a few ISPs, subject to survey by Openreach and excess charges. It isn't like native FTTP in areas that get that instead of FTTC which comes at normal FTTC prices.

If you were thinking of getting fibre/FTTC from the Post Office, as I said earlier I don't think you can.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 07-Feb-15 16:45:55
Print Post

No fibre products from post office

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to