General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Weeeck
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 11:58:11
Print Post

How Many Cabinets For Longmorn (NSLMN)

[link to this post]

I see the Longmorn Exchange (NSLMN) is being updated to FTTC, as new cabinets have been installed outside the exchange building.

I was wondering if anybody knows how many other cabinets, are going in around the local area, or is this the only one.

I have tried HIE, but they didn't have any information on the subject, just that the exchange was on the roll-out for the 1st quarter of 2015.

One other question, why is there 2 cabinets outside the exchange?

Thanks
Standard User Gadget
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:09:09
Print Post

Re: How Many Cabinets For Longmorn (NSLMN)

[re: Weeeck] [link to this post]

if there are two new cabs then most likely it will be to provide FTTC for the EO lines on the exchange. (You can't have FTTC on EO lines as they do not go through a cabinet). So one cab will be for the copper connections to be re-routed through turning them from EO to cab delivered lines, and the second will be the FTTC DSLAM to give the "upto 80Mbps" broadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:10:34
Print Post

As far as I can see there are 3 cabinets 1, 2 and 3 being installed for the moving of EO Lines.

Exchange Name: Longmorn
Exchange Code: NSLMN

[Cabinet 1]
Fibre Phase: Phase BDUK HIE 13a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 27th August 2013)

[Cabinet 2]
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 19th May 2014)

[Cabinet 3]
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 27th August 2013)

Seems that there are 22 blocks of EO Lines.
Also seems that some EO Lines was down for FTTP in Phase BDUK HIE 12b, but this may of changed.

What's your post code?

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Weeeck
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:26:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul and Gadget for the updates.

Paul, I would like to give you my postcode, could I send it to you by Private Message.

Thanks once again.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:27:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Weeeck:
Thanks Paul and Gadget for the updates.

Paul, I would like to give you my postcode, could I send it to you by Private Message.

Thanks once again.
Yeah sure.
Standard User Weeeck
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:42:30
Print Post

Hi PaulKirby,

PM sent.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:56:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Weeeck:
Hi PaulKirby,

PM sent.
I have replied.

Paul.
Standard User GeordieJamie
(newbie) Mon 06-Apr-15 23:30:09
Print Post

Is there any update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to this exchange? It was listed as being scheduled for upgrade by 31/12/14 when I purchased my property last August, this then slipped to March 15, but this has now passed too.

I see that additional cabinets have been installed but the infinity tracker page seems to have gone backwards with information.

Any update would be greatly appreciated
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 07-Apr-15 01:20:15
Print Post

[re: GeordieJamie] [link to this post]

Sorry to say I don't think its been upgraded to fibre as yet.

Seems some of the EO Lines have already moved over to PCP Cabinet 3, just done a full check on the 3 PCP Cabinets yet, bit late now.
All that I can see is that its only providing ADSL Max, so until fibre has been installed and gone live you will only be able to get "Up to" a maximum speed of 8Mbps if your lucky.

If I remember tomorrow I will check all postcodes for that exchange.

One thing I did find is the following for Cabinet 3:
Fibre broadband is coming to your exchange area soon

You are connected to cabinet number 3 on Longmorn exchange, and work is currently planned to install fibre in this exchange area.

We expect the first premises in your area to be enabled for fibre within the next six months.

Please note that engineering plans and delivery timescales depend on many factors and can be subject to change. All information is based on the best view we have today using our current plans. Service availability is subject to available service provider product offerings and can be affected by technology constraints specific to your individual circumstances.
And the following for PCP Cabinets 1 and 2 (not yet gone live) and remaining EO Lines:
Fibre not available

You are connected to Longmorn via an 'EO (Exchange Only) line'. This means your line is connected directly to the exchange. Faster broadband is not available to you yet.

Seems that Longmorn Exchange is on the list to start soon - "Work on roll-out beginning between now and April 2015" and they are working on the Carron Exchange at the moment, and Exchanges Longmorn, Clochan, Brodie, Speybay and Tomintoul are all down to start roll out from now and End of July, so it says.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 07-Apr-15 01:47:34)

Standard User GeordieJamie
(newbie) Tue 07-Apr-15 09:42:38
Print Post

Oh well I'm off on a 4 month RAF sponsored holiday soon, hopefully it might be upgraded by the time I get back in September.

Should have known it would have been a nightmare when even getting ADSL was a near five month battle
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to