General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User yogger
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 13:52:08
Print Post

Nearly a year since 'Exchanged Enabled'; still waiting.

[link to this post]

Hi All,

My exchange, Prestwick, went live Feb last year and throughout all that time (and longer) my fibre cabinet, number 12, has sat dormant. Some roadworks where done in June 2014 and yet I'm still waiting.

I posted this thread back then (http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4314816-exchange-enabled-cabinet-upgraded-but-not-enabled.html?vc=1) where some helpful information was provided and I wonder if any further info could be found as to why the shiny new cabinet is sitting slowly rusting.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by yogger (Mon 16-Feb-15 13:53:06)

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 13:59:13
Print Post

Re: Nearly a year since 'Exchanged Enabled'; still waiting.

[re: yogger] [link to this post]

All I can see is the following:
Exchange Name: Prestwick
Exchange Code: WSPRE

Cabinet: 12
Fibre Phase: Phase 10a 2013
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned for 31st March 2015
Probably doesn't help much.

Paul
Standard User yogger
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 14:09:15
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying, that is all I've got on the two usual places of information for us mere mortals. After watching that date change every quarter I have minimal expectations in it being live by the end of March, as I understand it Openreach just put 31/Mar/15 to stop having to update every quarter.

I wouldn't mind but my ADSL is crudd laugh!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 14:20:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by yogger:
Thanks for replying, that is all I've got on the two usual places of information for us mere mortals. After watching that date change every quarter I have minimal expectations in it being live by the end of March, as I understand it Openreach just put 31/Mar/15 to stop having to update every quarter.

Yeah possibly, we have been waiting for FTTP since 2011 where they started to install it, then just stopped in mid install and to see that its available several doors from us doesn't help things tongue

But recently I have had an email stating they are continuing it, still not fully sure when thought.

I wouldn't mind but my ADSL is crudd laugh!
Yeah you seem to be getting about the same ADSL2+ speeds as us.

Paul
Standard User yogger
(newbie) Mon 16-Feb-15 16:34:02
Print Post

Oh dear, you'll share my frustrations then!
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 16:40:17
Print Post

Oh dear, you'll share my frustrations then!
Heh, yeah, I'd say that, to even be told by BT that fibre isn't down our road and to change their mind when I tell them an address down my road that does, where they say its not in my area, "not in your area" has a slightly different meaning for fibre rollout with BT.

Saying that I see on roadworks that they are installing fibre cable very close to one of my side roads, so fingers crossed LOL.

Paul
Standard User yogger
(newbie) Fri 27-Feb-15 17:11:15
Print Post

So I emailed Openreach today and they've replied that I should expect it by the end of Feb 2016! Not amused; have they seriously spent the money installing the cab in 2013, dug up a busy road in June 2014 only to leave the cab sitting there doing nothing for what may be 2 and a half years? Am I missing something?

Is Feb 2016 another significant date?

I've emailed digital Scotland to see if they can be any more help. Miffed is an understatement.

Edited by yogger (Fri 27-Feb-15 17:12:28)

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Fri 27-Feb-15 18:25:46
Print Post

Well I have seen that March 2015 seems to be a load of cabinets being either installed or going live.
Not seen anything for Feb 2016.

Paul
Standard User yogger
(newbie) Fri 27-Feb-15 18:51:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Well I have seen that March 2015 seems to be a load of cabinets being either installed or going live.

Paul

The wholesale site still says 31/03/15; maybe Feb 2016 is the plan when the calendar rolls over to the 1st April this year.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Fri 27-Feb-15 19:12:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

Paul

The wholesale site still says 31/03/15; maybe Feb 2016 is the plan when the calendar rolls over to the 1st April this year.
Yeah, you will get an email on the 1st of April stating you can now get fibre, and you would say Really? and they say no, April fools tongue

Anyhow I say wait for 31st March and see, the 2016 date could just be a safe net date.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to