General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 14:46:39
Print Post

What does this mean?

[link to this post]

Hey all, me again tongue

I have just seen this pop up on roadworks:
Due to start on 26 Feb - 27 Feb
Location: ROMFORD ROAD JUNCTION WITH CARLTON ROAD FOREST GATE LONDON E12 5AD
Description: Safe Access to Underground BT footway and carriageway boxes for Fibre cabling for new customer connection. Lane closure. Surveyed by Aplant Lux, survey ref 177-S100869 with recommendation of Night working. On site 22.00 and off by 05.00.
Its probably not for our FTTP, but its seems to be referring to the following location of Google Maps and there is another footway and carriageway box the other side of the road, and CARLTON ROAD (Manor Park) is one of our side roads which is also waiting for the completion of the FTTP from 2011.

If this "is" for us, I would of thought it would of come from our exchange down to us on our side of the road and not the other side.

But I am probably unlucky and its not for us tongue but the dates seem to match up with what BTOR said in the email that they sent me.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 11:17:32
Print Post

Re: What does this mean?

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Ok, I may of been wrong due to so many underground chambers/boxes, but reading what it says on roadworks its notes ROMFORD ROAD JUNCTION WITH CARLTON ROAD and that I think must mean where the two roads meet, if so then it must mean these two chambers/pits Google Maps as you can see there is a double chamber either side of CARLTON ROAD and also seems to be on our side.

Any comments on if this could be getting ready to finish off our FTTP install to the remaining parts or our road and the lower side roads?

Thanks

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Feb-15 11:21:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Could be for GEA-FTTP or could be to just do some fibre splicing for a leased line that needs to run through the area to a business.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 11:40:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Could be for GEA-FTTP or could be to just do some fibre splicing for a leased line that needs to run through the area to a business.
Hello Andrew

Yeah, I was thinking that after getting rather excited when I first saw that popup on roadworks.

Also it didn't help much seeing on roadworks Newham Council pull up paving slabs over the last couple of weeks from Ilford down to this point.

What got me wondering was also due to the emails I got from BTOR for our FTTP install like the following "we will be bringing fibre into your area so please keep an eye on our website from the end of February for an update" and kept pointing out that I should keep checking the Where and when page for an update around that date and then to see this popup a week later.

So you can see why I was just wondering, at least its 50% chance it could be and I have now put away the party poppers LOL

Thanks

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 18-Feb-15 11:42:36)

Print Thread

Jump to